BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Bush WI

2 posters

Go down

Sugar Bush WI  Empty Sugar Bush WI

Post  TRUKPULR July 8th 2012, 3:28 pm

Sugar Bush WI

We pulled into the parking lot at 4 p.m. And got situated to how they wanted us to park. And headed in to the fine eating establishment for something to eat. Last year I waited till the pull was over and the kitchen had closed for the night so this year I wasn't going to miss out and some good food. I thought it was a Steak Joint but turns out they only had Chicken or ribs on the menu. So I had a Chicken Breast Sandwich and some fries. Good Stuff ..

OK this year Lance had talked them into running the pulls down hill, So I had made my gear choice for the evening based on the sled chasing us down hill. Last year we pulled up hill and I had to big a gear in and ShaZam never got out from under her self and I pulled like shit here last year. Not wanting to repeat last year We Opted for a more conservative gear.

Well with the start of the pull there was 9 classes tonight Mod 4x4 was the 7th class of the night and there was 9 trucks in the class. With the first tractor class they got a good head of steam going but when the pan hit them they dug really deep in the clay track leaving some mighty big hole to fill. So after the first class was over, it was like a mine field out there where you had to dodge the pot hole. I thought if this keeps up the track is going to be junk before to long.
Luckily the leveler driver started to get a better approach to his job and started to get the holes filled in, by the third class he was a pro at it and they really got the track leveled out and as the sun started going down you could see the track start to glisten on top. The Track really took shape when the "Stock" Not so Stock diesel class ran, when they came out of the whole they never spun a lug and a few of the trucks where left with there tongue hanging out. So after seeing this I figured I might be a little big on gearing again so I went a dropped down a gear and got ready to stage the Mod trucks.
Over the scale ShaZam was dead nuts on, Hitch was right there also, Funny how nothing moves on my truck.

As the 12,500 Tractors finished up the track was really one of the best track I had seen all year. At this time I had thought my be I should drop one more gear put decide to stand pat with my decision and just let ShaZam do her thing.

Mike Kauss was first puller he pulled the sled to the 310.12' mark next up was Bruce Wagner and he pulled the sled to 325.64' next up was Scott Kieckbush he pulled the sled 315.62' next up was Junk yard Dog with Sheila Driving she took off hell bend but ran out of fuel at the 289.00 mark. Next up was Craig Emmes and he pulled the sled to the 335.12' mark putting him into first place. ShaZam was up next I got hook to the sled and I knew the sled was pulling heavy tonight and probably should have dropped down one more gear but I'd just ride the clutch to get thing going. So after making sure all switches where on I brought the R's up and ShaZam started to move off the line at 4200 Rpm and then we got thing moving so I gave ShaZam more throttle and the tach went to 5000 and seem to hold there way to long but finally at the 250 mark we went to 6000 then 7000 and pecked out at 7600 and Pat stopped me at the 316.15. Headed back to the trailer Mean Streek was up behind me but I didn't get to see him run seeing I was loading up ShaZam, But Scott pulled 318.15 putting me in 4th place for the night Next up as the Kakuk boys they pulled 305.00 and then Derek was the last puller in the class pulling 285.00'

OK Friday Night we'll be pulling Super Stock in Francis Creek this year it's only a one night pull so make sure you get there to see the fun.

Dan and ShaZam.
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Sugar Bush WI  Empty Re: Sugar Bush WI

Post  61coon July 13th 2012, 1:29 pm

Always enjoy reading your posts about pulling...Thanks
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Sugar Bush WI  Empty Re: Sugar Bush WI