BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosholt WI

3 posters

Go down

Rosholt WI  Empty Rosholt WI

Post  TRUKPULR July 16th 2011, 8:53 pm

Rosholt WI

Well woke up Friday Morning and wrote the write up on Amherst. then took a walk around the park and checked out the Flee Market that was going on. All my luck there was this guy selling what every guys needs to have Specialty Tools and things you just have to have. You walk by the tables and you say oh I need one of these and one of those and oh oh I can't go without one of these. I ended up making three trips by this guy and coming home with 3 bags of goodies.
So after a while it was time for a nap after all that shopping it just wore me out. And it never fails as soon as you lay down the cell phone starts to ring, Wife called twice, Craig called to let me know he was on his way. It felt like I no sooner fell asleep and Craig was pounding on the door at 2:30 p.m. So I took a walk and got something to eat now that the grills where fired up. Soon the parking area started to fill up with Trucks and Tractors. The Pull was to start at 7:30 p.m. but the Skies kept threaten to rain so they didn't work the track up until the last minute, And then when they finally got to working the track up, they watered it down a little to much and it turned to pottery clay really fast. So after disking and repacking the pull got going at 8:30 p.m. Tonight we had Open Stock, 7000 Farm, Some two wheel drives, Super Stock Trucks, 10,500 Tractors, Some Mod Tractors, And Mod 4x4 Trucks.
So as the pull got started Pat worked with the Open Stock Truck the best he could. The track was a slippery goo but it was getting better with each pass. Got the Open Stock Class in and then they ran the 7000 Farm tractors and some two wheel drive trucks, And we got ready for Super Stock. Tonight we have 13 Truck in the class Ben Holtger was the first one to pull and he turned his pull down to come back at the end of the class Next up was Jack Peters Pulled 265 Mike Kauss Pulled 270 and hurt his Truck Then Steve Swanson Pulled 274 and pulled a rocker Stud out of the head during his run. Next was my Turn and Pat decided to reset the sled to get us out to the 300 foot mark not realizing that two trucks had already broke. But it is what it is So now I'm first puller and I figure to make my run turn it down come back at the end to get the better track. So as I pull the chain tight go thru my routine and get off the line and as I rolled out I matted the throttle and then engine Zinged to 8200 and held there till I hit the 285 mark then it got sucked down to 7800 as the last stage hit and I stopped at the 306.40 mark With the rear wheels spinning out and the fronts came to a abrupt stop. As soon as I figured out I broke some thing I kept the pull and limp ShaZam back to the trailer. Bruce Wagner was up next and he laid down a 317.63 run, Derek Peetz was next and pulled a 310.57 Next up was Cory Lemirande And Cory did his 8500 Launch and buzzed his tires so hard they where actually smoking as he went down the track and pulled the sled to 322.03 putting him in first place at this time. Dallas Luther was up next he managed to pull the sled to the 316.52 mark. Tom Scheffen was next up and he had his motor up against his chip right from the get go but it worked for him tonight and managed to pull the sled to 315.50 Next up was Jeff Rivers and he buzzed down the track to pull 320.83 next Truck up was Junk Yard Dog with John Driving tonight. He also was up against his chip right out of the box and he made a pull of 321.50 landing him in 2nd place, So now we have Ben Coming back after the resetting of the sled Ben pulled 311.64 and Jack was the last truck in the class pulling 291.30

So the final class standing looked this way
Cory 1st, John 2nd, Jeff 3rd, Bruce 4th, Dallas 5th, Tom 6th, Ben 7th, Derek 8th, Me 9th, Jack 10th.

So seeing I wasn't pulling in Mod due to breaking something in the front-end I got to start drinking Beer early. We ended up only having 8 trucks for Mod due to Breakage. And I was up by the announcers booth adding my insight on the sport and filling in the dead air space with cool Truck info. I don't have the actual Distances because I forgot to get them from Jodi, and she's off camping this weekend But from what I remember Cory Took 1st Bruce took 2nd with Bad to the Bone, And 3rd with Poker Face, Seeing he Tied his distance but BTB but was .06 faster Mph, Craig ended up not being able to fire up Cold Ethyl due to having a shorted out battery.

So we had a few beers over at the trailers and I headed to bed at 12:30 a.m. And Craig was pounding on the camper door at 5 a.m. so I could head home and pull ShaZam apart to see what I broke.

OK Update on ShaZam
 I pulled the driver-side axle out and it was Broke off about 3" inside the axle housing, So I located a new Short side axle and will have a new one ordered before the weeks over. So I can't fish the broken part out of the housing cuz it's stuck in the carrier, So I pull the passenger side to get access to push the stub out from this side with a long piece of pipe, As I pulled out the axle it was also broke off but right next to the Carrier. So now I'm pretty much Screwed unless I can fish the short side out first then push the long side out with the pipe. So I call it a day and went in the house to take a shower. I'll Skip going to Shakey Lakes today and I'll work on it during the week.
We have Pulls in Mishicot on Friday and Saturday and Denmark on Saturday night. So will keep you posted on how this all works out.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Rosholt WI  Empty Re: Rosholt WI

Post  schmitty July 16th 2011, 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad "break" there Dan. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  njstang87 July 18th 2011, 11:07 am

That's a bummer. Good luck getting them out.

njstang87

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR July 18th 2011, 11:16 am

Ended up welding a piece of ready rod to it and then slid hammering them out. All fixed now ready to pull again.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down