BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRUDGE FEST @ the 2011 BBF Bash

+13
Oakley Motorsports
dr's wife racing
scottke
Race Ready Fabrications
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
ThndrChkn
cool40
IDT-572
richter69
56Tbird
bruno
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GRUDGE FEST  @ the 2011 BBF Bash  - Page 2 Empty Re: GRUDGE FEST @ the 2011 BBF Bash

Post  bruno July 22nd 2011, 12:06 pm

Barney wrote:
bruno wrote:you know me by know guys , my mouth is faster then my car Razz

but i do have a hypothical question , if a dragster can run 4.40's on a 35 x16 or what ever what could it run on a true 10.5" slick ? or is it even posibble with the chassis height ? is there even a company that offers a 10.5" tire but tall enough for a dragster ?

just curious
A car setup to run a big tire is set up to run a big tire. I.E gearing, suspension, etc, etc. I dont know of many guys that will go out and buy a new set of baby tires, do testing for suspension setting, pull off their wheelie bars, and throw a grand out ther for a 1 time deal. Why dont you make it run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough? If its a grudge deal it should be put up or shut up, and thats it. If you cant run under those conditions you shouldnt be in the other lane.

your right ...... but whats a grand ----- shit look at our cars ........ so i guess if i want to grudge race i just need to call out some folks .......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

GRUDGE FEST  @ the 2011 BBF Bash  - Page 2 Empty Re: GRUDGE FEST @ the 2011 BBF Bash

Post  IDT-572 July 22nd 2011, 12:19 pm

bruno wrote:
Barney wrote:

but i do have a hypothical question , if a dragster can run 4.40's on a 35 x16 or what ever what could it run on a true 10.5" slick ? or is it even posibble with the chassis height ? is there even a company that offers a 10.5" tire but tall enough for a dragster ?

just curious
A car setup to run a big tire is set up to run a big tire. I.E gearing, suspension, etc, etc. I dont know of many guys that will go out and buy a new set of baby tires, do testing for suspension setting, pull off their wheelie bars, and throw a grand out ther for a 1 time deal. Why dont you make it run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough? If its a grudge deal it should be put up or shut up, and thats it. If you cant run under those conditions you shouldnt be in the other lane.

your right ...... but whats a grand ----- shit look at our cars ........ so i guess if i want to grudge race i just need to call out some folks .......

Just call me out Bruno and I am not thinned skinned or have a overblown ego, how ever it turns out, I will act and be the same.................

It's all about having a good time. Hell I will even help you tune on it before we run Wink If I get beat I will go back home and do a little more homework, hell who knows maybe a butt load of homework. Laughing
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF July 22nd 2011, 12:20 pm

bruno wrote:

Oh snap, this is about to get GOOD!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 22nd 2011, 12:41 pm

bruno wrote:
richter69 wrote:
bruno wrote:humm .........

1000.00 to buy in .......... sorry no second place

off the trailer .....no pussy shake down passes

..... nitro methane , m5 , turbo, nitrous, blower ....it dont matter

tube chassis, chicken on a stick , street car .....it dont matter

ONLY 2 RULES

RULE #1 ----- NO BARS

RULE #2 ------ MAXIMUN 10.5" SLICK OR RADIAL ....THREAD WIDTH WILL BE MEASURED

WHAT YALL THINK

the little tire shyt gets old.............. Basketball

you have to be there to have any input Very Happy

If you can fit it in your busy racing season (one race wonder lol) come on down to OK and you can get your ass handed to you by our Mod street boys, your car fits the rules except your gonna have to lose one gun (single plate only), put a 28 x 10.5 tire on it and a 4150 carb, 3300 #'s..............and mufflers........ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney July 22nd 2011, 12:49 pm

[quote="IDT-572"]
bruno wrote:
Barney wrote:

just curious

Just call me out Bruno and I am not thinned skinned or have a overblown ego, how ever it turns out, I will act and be the same.................

It's all about having a good time. Hell I will even help you tune on it before we run Wink If I get beat I will go back home and do a little more homework, hell who knows maybe a butt load of homework. Laughing
Im neither thin skinned, or have an overblown ego. Its more about excluding all cars except small tire stock suspension stuff. There are enough venues that do that. If you calling it a grudge race it shouldnt be about your tire size, it should be first to the stripe and thats it. Ask anyone that was at the Bash last year and saw my car leave. My car will never be run without bars again EVER, no matter what the purse is.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 22nd 2011, 1:05 pm

D's557BBF wrote:
bruno wrote:

Oh snap, this is about to get GOOD!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

it never will Denaro ...... fabio always has an excuse , shit i offered to pay for his trip last time ......... but i do understand were Barney and the others are coming from ....

i just figured KY Jelly would throw on some 10.5 and take my 1000.00 dollars ....what did Ky say " its all about the show "

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm

[quote="Barney"]
IDT-572 wrote:
bruno wrote:
Barney wrote:

just curious

Im neither thin skinned, or have an overblown ego. Its more about excluding all cars except small tire stock suspension stuff. There are enough venues that do that. If you calling it a grudge race it shouldnt be about your tire size, it should be first to the stripe and thats it. Ask anyone that was at the Bash last year and saw my car leave. My car will never be run without bars again EVER, no matter what the purse is.

I don't think Nick excluded anyone, there will be plenty of racing for everybody.
He just asked a question about a class.
And I didn't mention your name at all in my comment.

My car lacks bars, but I will have them and a chute. I just haven't gotten the funds yet to put them on. I just don't leave hard on my car. I ran it at Bowling Green with the new engine and found out where it started to get to high in the front end and won't go there again.

The bars and chute will go on this winter.

Then on the hose we go..................... Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney July 22nd 2011, 3:32 pm

Everytime I take the bars off of my car I end up damaging the rear bumper so the bars are staying on. You will like it on spray...
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 July 22nd 2011, 3:35 pm

Barney wrote:Everytime I take the bars off of my car I end up damaging the rear bumper so the bars are staying on. You will like it on spray...

Never sprayed my own junk , just helped others with theirs. And definitely never sprayed on top of an engine with as much compression as mine.

I will need some advise before I attempt that.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 22nd 2011, 6:15 pm

Oakley Motorsports wrote:They have a class at Indy running 10.5s on dragsters and number 1 has been around 3.93 1/8 mile. Craig Sullivan has run low 4.20's on 10.5 tire also.

As far as the track goes i will have it in fine shape. Not to worry.

but there not on a true 10.5" Wink Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 22nd 2011, 6:18 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
bruno wrote:
Barney wrote:

just curious

thats no fun Blake ....... im tring to get these guys worked up Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 22nd 2011, 9:59 pm

We're not having any index classes are we? Depending on what my car does next weekend, I'd be up for some grudge stuff, just can't cough up big money to do it. Sad
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 22nd 2011, 11:18 pm

bruno you live in the south... just call out some motherf$%#*rs... you'll get some action... Smile ...those small tires are better suited for small blocks anyway... its a shame, but a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 July 23rd 2011, 9:33 am

138 wrote:bruno you live in the south... just call out some motherf$%#*rs... you'll get some action... Smile ...those small tires are better suited for small blocks anyway... its a shame, but a fact.

I'm on a 28x10.5 and I don't have a small block so your facts are skewed. It'll short time better than most big tire cars, just look>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney July 23rd 2011, 9:56 am

Not this one>>>>>>> lol!
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 23rd 2011, 12:29 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
138 wrote:bruno you live in the south... just call out some motherf$%#*rs... you'll get some action... Smile ...those small tires are better suited for small blocks anyway... its a shame, but a fact.

I'm on a 28x10.5 and I don't have a small block so your facts are skewed. It'll short time better than most big tire cars, just look>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

anything can be made to work, with enough time,testing and cash ...and I said "better suited" not impossible... does it 60 like it should bruno?

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 23rd 2011, 8:52 pm

hot day at the track guys ....... made 4 passes today and i pulled a ton of fuel out of the tune today , lots of hot moisture in the air today Sleep

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 23rd 2011, 8:55 pm

numbers...details...videos...menu list?.... bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 23rd 2011, 9:12 pm

138 wrote:numbers...details...videos...menu list?.... bounce

2 weeks before the bash ,im not saying shit Smile and ive wrote cks my mouth cant cash (is that the saying ??? Laughing ) but i will give you this little bit of info i ran the 2nd stage this time and it ran a 168.1 in the quarter and that came on 8ths into the run , i can tell yall this im going to need i think about 150-200 hp to run in the 7's , valve covers are off so i can change the jets on the fogger --- im going to install the ones that say please call Twisted Evil

ive also aquired a tranny leak i need to look at Crying or Very sad , the other thing i noticed on the 2 1/4 mile passes is this white chauky stuff on the headers on the bends ........ must be getting super hot ...or ???????

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 23rd 2011, 9:22 pm

bruno wrote:
valve covers are off so i can change the jets on the fogger --- im going to install the ones that say please call Twisted Evil

oh boy....here we go affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 23rd 2011, 9:41 pm

138 wrote:
bruno wrote:
valve covers are off so i can change the jets on the fogger --- im going to install the ones that say please call Twisted Evil

oh boy....here we go affraid

i just wished my car would et as well as it mph ...i think im leaving about 2 tenths on the table , i think if i hit it harder of the t/b it will flash the convertor harder so it can et ....this convertor is a bad sum a bitch , and props goes to Cameron , i might just up the jets on the plate for the bash , i believe the 1/8 runs are lost in the first 60'

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 23rd 2011, 9:55 pm

good luck brother... I'm pullin for YOU

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 23rd 2011, 9:59 pm

Better put the bars on Nick, everytime you up the "hit" there is a shortage of frontend parts available.............. Wink Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 23rd 2011, 10:07 pm

I agree tune that bitch WITH the bars, unless you're racing a series that doesn't allow them...which I don't think you're planning to do. and yeah I DO understand the coolness of NOT running them... but who pays the price in the end?...

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 July 23rd 2011, 11:08 pm

Barney wrote:Not this one>>>>>>> lol!
Baller shit lol
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2