BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked?

4 posters

Go down

i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked? Empty i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked?

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2011, 4:53 pm

as title states have ported dove c heads that are getting decked with stock valve size was wondering an idea on how much can come off and whta the cc would be my pistons say i can get 10.4.1 with 76cc i want to get as much as i can
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked? Empty Re: i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked?

Post  rmcomprandy August 1st 2011, 5:28 pm

.080" is about the maximum deck removal on those heads for milling and that's about 14 cc's smaller than they started.

Of course at milling ,080" from the head's deck surface, NOTHING else which has to be assembled to the heads will fit and you will need to MAKE everything else fit. Piston to valve clearance will be less, also.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked? Empty Re: i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked?

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2011, 6:39 pm

what are the cc for the dove c stock form ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

i have some ported dove c heads i was wondering whats the lowest cc i can prob go being safe getting them decked? Empty cc

Post  Mark Laczo August 1st 2011, 9:02 pm

They are around 76-78cc. Sounds like you want lots of compression but are not using a flat top piston ? What dish are they ? If you haven't bought pistons yet then get some dome pistions if you want more compression and leave the heads alone then everything else will fit as Randy was hinting at.

Mark

Last edited by Mark Laczo on August 1st 2011, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2011, 9:16 pm

15 cc kb dish
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 2nd 2011, 6:50 am

might be easier to get a set of Flat tops or small domed pistons?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down