BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam

4 posters

Go down

need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam  Empty need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2011, 7:00 pm

what am i gonna need to do to be able to use a .640 - .700 lift cam

ive got the lifters

i know i need the heavier springs , but my valves do they need to be longer and as the guides go ??
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam  Empty Re: need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam

Post  69F100 August 1st 2011, 7:50 pm

I am running dove-c heads with a .649 in .642 ex solid flat tappet not the roller but I had to cut the valve guides for the higher lift I cut them to accept a .675 lift.Plus had to cut the spring pocket to accept the heavier and larger springs.Hope this helps I bought the cutters and did all my own head work cheaper than I could get it done around here.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam  Empty Re: need info on my dove c heads ...want to use solid roller cam

Post  5pointslow August 1st 2011, 10:03 pm

any idea what any machine shops charge for this idea
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 1st 2011, 11:49 pm

All charge differently,you will just have to make some calls.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 2nd 2011, 7:15 am

bbf-falcon wrote:All charge differently,you will just have to make some calls.

X2 and don't forget to get New SS Valves, Stock stuff will not live at the higher spring pressures.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down