BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup

+3
f250mike
bbf-falcon
5pointslow
7 posters

Go down

what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup  Empty what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup

Post  5pointslow November 3rd 2013, 6:33 pm

im looking to buy a set of roller rockers

for my dove head i had Randy do a while back , set up for solid roller cam and pedastals have been machined down if that matters

i was looking at the 1.73 harland sharps but didnt know if any others are any better

Thanks for any help
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup  Empty Re: what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup

Post  bbf-falcon November 3rd 2013, 7:48 pm

I've ran HS in the past w/o issues on Dove's and A429's.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup  Empty Re: what rocker arms to buy ? Dove heads pedastals milled down solid roller setup

Post  f250mike November 3rd 2013, 11:49 pm

I've been using the same HS rockers for almost 15yrs. So far they have been on 2 sets of heads, D3's and D0ves. Also 3 different cams.
I'm not running a huge roller cam though. Currently running a solid flat tappet with .615/.635 lift.
My guess is the HS rockers have their limits.
I bet Randy will answer your????
Mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 4th 2013, 12:56 am

I have Harland Sharps on my 528. Damned good rocker arm but I also run a high quality girdle.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 4th 2013, 9:31 am

im looking at doing a girdle as well from jomar

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 4th 2013, 11:33 am

Jomar makes nice pieces.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 5th 2013, 8:46 pm

so H&S rockers seems to be th eones of choice ...... this the standard 429-460 they offer or is there a certain Part #

Thanks
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike November 6th 2013, 12:14 am

I've heard there is clearance issues with some spring retainers. Also some issues with tapered rocker studs at full lift.
I haven't had any issues, just a heads up.
HS also offers a BBF 1.8 ratio rocker, you won't find in any of the catalogs. I ordered them factory direct.
They were around $16 each 10 or 12 years ago.

mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 November 6th 2013, 1:02 am

I ran the on my dove heads with no problems when I put them on my A429s they would lightly touch the springs they could have been mill down just a tad and been fine. Instead I bought another set of Dove Manufacturing http://dovemanufacturing.com/index.html from Mike Stevens.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick November 6th 2013, 9:38 am

f250mike wrote:I've heard there is clearance issues with some spring retainers. Also some issues with tapered rocker studs at full lift.
I haven't had any issues, just a heads up.
HS also offers a BBF 1.8 ratio rocker, you won't find in any of the catalogs. I ordered them factory direct.
They were around $16 each 10 or 12 years ago.

mike
I've experienced the clearance issue you mention with HS rockers on a set of A429's with Comp retainers and a.726 roller. Just check for interference at the underside of the rocker arm near the edge of the retainer. If the problem is there, it won't be severe and can be quickly remedied with a touch of a die grinder to the rocker.

The HS stuff is everywhere, and seems to be a good value. I also have a set of Scorpions and a set of Ford Motorsport deals(they look like Crane rockers, but with blue anodizing). No problems with any of them.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 6th 2013, 11:08 am

5pointslow wrote:so H&S rockers seems to be th eones of choice ...... this the standard 429-460 they offer or is there a certain Part #

Thanks
I have S4005's on my deal. Have used them on DOVE heads, TFS Streets, and now on FMS A460's. I am not saying they are the "best" but are good rocker especially for the money.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 6th 2013, 11:13 am

The number S4073 for the Cobra Jet heads will fit a little better with the big diameter roller springs, especially on the exhaust side but, are more money.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 6th 2013, 11:33 am

thanks guys and i will look into those randy
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down