BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark

5 posters

Go down

2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark  Empty 2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark

Post  johndickjr August 6th 2011, 10:39 am

1) i have a 1969 point distributor, wanted to use it , but what is the best kit to change it over to electronic, i see the mad porter has re-curved dura-spark units for like 150.00, but i am wanting to use the small cap design if i can

2) if i use a recurved dizzy for scott..what color of ford box do i need

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark  Empty Re: 2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark

Post  69F100 August 6th 2011, 12:49 pm

it should be the blue box yes you can use the same cap on a duro spark same as point cap and point rotor.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark  Empty Re: 2 posts in 1--points to electroin conversion--dura spark

Post  johndickjr August 6th 2011, 10:53 pm

whats a nice drop in electronic replacement ..lie the petrix flame thrower ..etc

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  cooter August 7th 2011, 12:08 am

i love the pertronix ignitor 2, it fits well, works well and is priced well.

cooter

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 7th 2011, 6:50 am

I have never used the Petronix but I have heard lots of good and bad about them. In 74 and 75 Ford used a small cap electronic distributor before going to the standard larger cap. That is all you need plus you ignition module.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 7th 2011, 2:32 pm

Blue tab Duraspark box and a standard 460 Duraspark distributor is all you need. You can run either the large cap with adapter or the small cap on the distributor... There are wiring diagrams on the net on where to land the power and dist wires to the Duraspak box. It's pretty simple.

jbozzelle

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down