BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brown County Fair

2 posters

Go down

Brown County Fair  Empty Brown County Fair

Post  TRUKPULR August 19th 2011, 12:54 pm

Brown County Fair
Well this was the first time in 15 years that they had Trucks at the Brown county fair. They been having Tractors there for a long time but they got away from the trucks. Hopefully we put a good enough show on to be back next year and years to come.
So last night they had 5 classes looking for a 3 hour show, And that's what it turned out to be Started at 7:00 p.m. and we where loaded up leaving the Fair Grounds at 10:00 p.m. After the last Mod Diesel ran. Super Stock 4x4 was the 4th class of the night. As I walked down the track to register I noticed there was a lot of top soil in with the clay on the track. So I made note of it and adjusted my gearing accordingly. And I picked a early number and ended up being the 3rd truck of the class following Scott Kickbush. My Buddy Bruce Wagner pulled the number one spot.
So after the first three classes ran we got lined up into staging Gary made his adjustments to the sled and Bruce got hooked up and ready to pull. As he was leaving the line I watched as Bad to the Bone got it's a$$ end planted by Gary's sled at the 200' mark and Bruce made a pull of 326.40'. There was a long discussion at the end of the track as to weather or not Bruce was going to keep his pull and weather Gary was going to keep the sled set how he had it. Well after there meeting it was decide to leave everything the way it was set and Bruce kept his pull of 326.40' , I mean how could you turn that down….
So next up was Scott Kickbush And he left the line a little hard and tried twice that I could here to let his tires get hooked up to the track but by the time that happen hi was already into the 250 foot mark of the track and Gary Dropped the last stage on him and he slid to a stop at the 320.89' mark.
So it's ShaZam's turn next and I get hooked to the sled and pull the chain tight get the green flag and as I brought the r's up to 4500 and we broke the tires loose almost immediately leaving the line I felt the a$$ end do a few little bounces and I brought the R's up top full throttle And I was seeing 8400 on the tach and when the last stage hit I slid to a stop at the 324.06 mark. Leaving the track I was in 2nd place Bruce was in 1st place and now we had to watch the other 9 trucks try to move us down the ladder.
Next up was Derek Peetz and He had a pull of 309.04' then came Steve Swanson and he ended up pulling 300.19' So at this point We where looking good.
Next up was Mike Kauss and Mike had a really good hook tonight pulling the sled 326.29' moving me to 3rd and just missing Bruce by .11 of a foot that would be like 15/16" So next up was Jeff Rivers and Jeff was trying out a few new changes he made to his truck tonight, And when the dust settled he was sitting at 326.04' dropping ShaZam down one more rung to 4th.
Next up was Chucky Champagne and Chucky pulled the sled to the 305.70' mark, Next up was Rendell Potratz and he pulled the sled to the 318.02' mark.
OK with ShaZam sitting in 4th at this point we had three trucks left. Next up was John Aumann and John pulled the sled to the 324.69' mark,
Then came Tory Laubach and Tory had the pull of the night pulling the sled to the 334.65' mark and knocking Bruce off the number 1 spot But also knocking ShaZam down to 6th.
Last truck of the night was Roy Kannenberg and Midnight Cheater. Roy got hooked to the sled and did his world famous 6000 Rpm Sidestep and came to a sliding stop at the 324.94' mark. So with the pull over ShaZam finished the night out in 7th place. So we made Fuel money for next weeks pulls which will be Manitowoc on Thursday night, Gillett on Friday night and Wausaukee on Saturday Night.
Final Standings
1 Tory 334.65 7 Dan 324.06
2 Bruce 326.40 8 Scott 320.89
3 Mike 326.29 9 Rendell 318.02
4 Jeff 326.04 10 Derek 309.04
5 Roy 324.94 11 Chucky 305.70
6 John 324.69 12 Steve 300.19

So Until next week
ShaZam says See ya
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Brown County Fair  Empty Re: Brown County Fair

Post  Wheelie58 August 22nd 2011, 11:07 pm

Sounds like you had a good time. No broken parts and fuel money is a great outing!
Nice story....
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down