BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manitowoc WI Pull

2 posters

Go down

Manitowoc WI Pull Empty Manitowoc WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR August 26th 2011, 11:45 am

Manitowoc WI.

Retraction: I blew the motor up in my Diesel Grunt truck so this weekend I have Luxury Of Driving to the pulls using my Beer drinking buddy Craig's Truck and Trailer.

Well I join P.I. Mod every year just so I can pull at this Fair and at Wausaukee WI Fair each year. Last year I placed 10th out of 12 trucks, This year there's only 9 trucks here so I'm guaranteed a paycheck just to hook to the sled. So I go to register and I pull the number one spot again this year here. So I go fill the gas tank in ShaZam so I can make two runs if needed and wait for the Mod class to come up. This first puller thing is really getting to me. One time it works in your favor ( Amherst) next time it bites you in the a$$ ( Rosholt ) So my Plan was if I turned 8000 R's with the Small gear I had in the box and I was near the 300 foot mark I'd keep the pull. If I pulled more then 8000 R's and was really short I'd turn it down and come back around.

So Mod 4x4 was the last class of the night and once again the scale was weighing 200 pounds light, So my 6200 # truck was weighing 6000 according to the scale. Now ShaZam has been dialed in at 6200 All season so I don’t carry extra weights with me. And this season we been making it a Pullers decisions that we put two trucks on the scale that usually weigh 6200# and what ever the scale reads all the trucks in the class can weight that amount. There are a few Truck that never change in weight, ShaZam is one of them, And tonight Scott Kickbush is the other Truck. We both went over the scale at 6030 pounds, So tonight all trucks can weigh 6050 Max.
So with ShaZam being the first truck to hook in the class I thought the scale deal was passed on to all the drivers, So the Mod class is finally up and I get hooked to the sled. As I got the green flag I eased ShaZam out of the hole for the first 10 feet then hit a rough section in the track and I nailed the throttle to keep ShaZam from hopping in that section, At 200 feet out I felt ShaZam level off and we came to a stop at the 290+ foot mark. So I checked the tach and it said I had a peak Rpm of 8000 and I was sitting close to the 300 foot mark so I kept the pull and went and put ShaZam on the trailer. As I got back to the Guys by the starting liner Bruce told me ShaZam was peaked out at the 150' mark and I should probably had turned that pull down and geared up to get some more speed. But Hind sight is 20/20.. it is what it is when I went to see where I ended up I was sitting at 292.82' All within my set goals for the night. Remember if I finish last I still get a paycheck.
So next up was Scott Kickbush and I was loading ShaZam on the trailer when Scott ran but he ended up pulling 302.01' Next up was Jeff Kakuk and he managed to pull the sled 284.75' so there ShaZam wasn't going to finish last tonight. Next up was Brian Breister and he had a pull of 308.10' So the field is getting closer to the 310 foot mark. Next up was Sue Sterwald and She had a good pull landing her truck at the 309.47' mark. So as I'm writing this I now see this is just like the Amherst pull everyone is going just that little further then the last guy. Dame I should have turned my pull down I picked up 17.5 feet at that pull. But it is what it is.
So with that the first real 650 Cid Alcohol injected Mod truck of the class hooks to the sled. And as he was leaving the line he tried to put his power to the ground and ended up hopping really bad so he got out of it and stopped his truck before the 75 foot mark and Gary pulled him back to the line and he got to try it again. This time he pretty much wound it up and dumped the clutch got the tires spinning and then at the 100 foot mark he tried to get his tires to hook to the track but it didn't work that way and he ended up being stopping at the 302.39' mark.
So Next up was Steve Sterwald and pulled the sled 310.50' moving him into the 1st place spot at the time. Next up was Cory Lemirande he's the current points leader by 11 points in the Mod Class and tonight he pulled the sled 305.42' ended him in the 5th spot for the night.
So last truck of the night is Poker Face driven by beer drinking buddy Bruce Wagner. well after the dust settled he was at the 310.07' mark placing him in 2nd place for the night.
So tonight I'll be in Gillett WI .. I'll post results Saturday.

Dan and ShaZam

Last edited by TRUKPULR on August 28th 2011, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Manitowoc WI Pull Empty Re: Manitowoc WI Pull

Post  schmitty August 26th 2011, 12:36 pm

Keep them coming Dan. A good read as always. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down