BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gillett WI Pull

Go down

Gillett WI Pull Empty Gillett WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR August 27th 2011, 2:39 pm

Gillett WI

Retraction: I blew the motor up in my Diesel Grunt truck so this weekend I have Luxury Of Driving to the pulls using my Beer drinking buddy Craig's Truck and Trailer.

Well I came to Gillett this year with big hopes that we finally would have a good track there this year. I heard two weeks ago that the Fair board took down some trees and lengthen the track to 350' from the 285' they had there if you where on the black top.

During the Oconto County Fair they get to Block off this one city Street for the pullers to park there rigs. Well during my hour drive there I had in my mind where I wanted to park my rig for getting ShaZam on / off track with ease. Well as I pull in to the parking area they have my two spots that I had in my mind Blocked off with Cones and no parking signs. OK I got a little pi$$y because now I had to find a new spot to park.

So now I walk up to the track and where the sled use to park they now have this really nice Texas weight Concert barrier wall with Big Truck Tires standing up right cabled together on the end of the track. On the other end of the track they Raised the track up 4 feet Adding two rows of those Texas weights that they used as retaining wall to make it some what level with the other part of the track and put a new gravel area for us to drive up onto the track. Now this end is where the sled sits. and we now pull West on this track. Now the last 100 feet of this track now has no Bleachers for people to sit. And where all the action takes place the Crowd can't see.
So low and behold as I was walking on the Track there was a group of 3 Fair board personal standing there. Now a person of few words that I am Called one of them over to me and proceeded to tell him all that I see is WRONG with the way they set this up. And once Pat got there he confirmed my thought's that they actually made the track Shorter by 35 feet. During the drivers meeting they said the full pull mark was going to be 250 feet but then changed it during the first class to 265' , And I'd say they could possible go as far as 275' before you'd hit the tires. So I guess they only lost 10 feet from what they use to have there. But it wasn't no 350 feet long.

Now I don't know about where you guys pull but if you have a pull and their parking on the street and there's a trailer sitting buy the curb with it's ramps down. Just how close should the truck pulling up behind your trailer to park. Ok Most Trucks are 20 feet long So you'd think 30 feet would be a good buffer Zone. I guess my problem was I didn't unload ShaZam Until just before the class started and there was a Diesel truck that pulled earlier parked 25 feet behind me OK I can deal with that, But then this Motorcycle decide to sneak in there too. I probley should have just pushed the bike up against that Diesel that was done pulling for the night and made everyone's days, But instead I jacked ShaZam around until I got clear of my trailer and then backed down the street to the scale area and got in line.

OK Mod 4x4 was the 2nd to last class tonight with Semi's and School buses to follow us. I was the 3rd truck to hook tonight following Bruce with Bad to the Bone. Billy Buck was the first truck to pull. So as I made my way to the scale I asked John Hornick just how close the scale was tonight. He said it was weighting 200# heavy so I got with the Mod Drivers and said what ever Billy Buck goes across the scale at we all can weight that tonight. So with that Billy's Truck weight 6500. Bruce went across the scale at 6450 and ShaZam went across at 6500. My Main goal tonight was to Finish good, I knew I couldn't catch Billy in points but I had Derek hot on my heel only 4 points behind, So I needed to maintain that lead over him.
Billy took off in a 7600 Rpm's WOT launch and Pat stopped him at the 252.62' With that Pat said the sled was set good and Billy kept his pull, So Bruce got hooked up and took his turn with the sled and pulled Pat to the 253.11' mark taking over 1st place. So it's ShaZam's turn and I get hooked to the sled went thru my normal routine and as I was leaving the line at 5000 Rpm's ShaZam once again jumped off the track with all four tires, Like she did in DePere. So I let Pat pull me back to the starting line to try this again.
This time I reset the tach to recorded but I forgot to hit the launch button so I lost the record of this pull but I'll tell you I buzzed the tires off the line didn't hook to the track till I hit the 220' mark and Pat stopped me at the 244.27' mark. this pull sucked but I was in 3rd as I left the track. So next up was Sheila Vanne Driving the Junk Yard Dog, I just got out of ShaZam when I heard her do a 7000 Dump the clutch run and she pulled the sled 236.49' Next up was Bruce with Poker Face and he said he thought he found his miss from the other night was maybe the rotor was carbon tracking in the distributor, But as he left the line his motor was still popping a farting as he went down the track and Pat stop him at the 243.38' mark. So I dodged that bullet tonight holding onto 3rd place. Next up was Steve Swanson and he had to get out of the throttle twice to keep it in bounds and paid the price for it stopping at the 233.91' mark. So OK Derek is up next and Dereks Girl Friend Elyse was giving me some $hit, But as Derek left the line he had his tires just a spinning and at 75' out he got out of the throttle to try and let them hook up but that was his mistake tonight that little blip of the throttle stopped him at the 238.67' mark placing him 5th for the night. Next two trucks had there DOT tires on and just needed to make a run so they knew everything was good for there road trip to Loyal WI on Saturday. Tommy Scheffen pulled the sled 220.38' and Mike Kauss Pulled the sled 232.45.
ShaZam held onto 3rd place tonight.
Then some one asked what happened to my tire, I asked what tire, he said the one that's flat, Well I guess I know why ShaZam didn't want to load up right a way after the pull, I thought it was because I could get lined up straight with the trailer do to the bike and Truck being in my way. But it was a Flat tire that kept the weight bar from rolling up the ramp. Well Something to fix in the morning.

So with that my Year with N.E.W. Mod came to an end and I finished 2nd in the Points Chase for 2011. Next week will be the final pull for the Super Stock Trucks in N.E.W. Where I'm currently hold on to 3rd place in points only 1 point behind Bad to the Bone.

OK tonight I'm pulling in Wausaukee WI in P.I. Mod again. Hope to better the 8th place I took on Thursday night.

Well keep you posted

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down