BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

+37
John I.
738drvr
psfracer
bbf-falcon
cool40
f250mike
bosshoss
res0rli9
John Myrick
the Coug
Tony M
Sleeperstang
Ranch71460
Diggindeeper
Curt
dfree383
BBFforLYF
DILLIGASDAVE
David Cole
Lem Evans
Mark Miller
Mark Laczo
69F100
racnrick
Darrin Gorham
schmitty
richter69
c.evans
Mike R
jasonf
bruno
Moodyblues
D's557BBF
Gregaust
56Tbird
D. Sea
Frank Merkl
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Empty Re: Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

Post  bosshoss October 24th 2011, 9:31 pm

The thing I keep wondering is if you both went to the line expecting a 400 pro tree why weren't you both nearly a second early????
Either way keep up the banter guys it makes for good entertainment.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Empty Re: Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

Post  D's557BBF October 24th 2011, 10:03 pm

Sleeperstang Do you have a power adder on the 383? this guy runs frank with a 383. Frank has a 712 w/ 3 kits on it! come on man WTF! Why was that race so damn close???

I guess it's like the grudge racer here in Detroit going 7.7's with SBF or SBC and a shit load of NOS!

Last edited by D's557BBF on October 24th 2011, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike October 24th 2011, 10:04 pm

Didn't Frank have his slow fast bbf engine for sale??? Smile
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 24th 2011, 10:39 pm

F'n Chevy Powered ?!?!?!?!? This guy realy needs to see the light.........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFforLYF October 24th 2011, 10:41 pm

dfree383 wrote:
BBFforLYF wrote:
dfree383 wrote:So what you saying is you just joined this site, on your first post you post on this thread, you happened not to know either person involved, but you just happend to know their are other posts about this on other sites and you just being a good guy and want to tie everything all together....... Your so full of shit, you must have shit breath and brown eyes. But hey who am I to notice BS....... Rolling Eyes
You must have something to gain with your continued witch hunt. When someone explains themselves you make up your own version of events. Just one more reason to just browse and read on this site like I have done for years rather than signing up and posting.

You must be related to the original poster the way you are making up stories.

I'm not hunting witch's...... They just continue coming around with weak attempts to make trouble. Like I've already said, are you here to stir shit or contribute something constructive to the forum? So far you have absolutly nothing constructive........ and by the way... when the little red light comes on at the starting line.... that does mean you "lost the race", so enough with the BS that your car reacts "To Fast" and you need a "Delay box"..... Crybaby..... Learn how to drag race...
Got any more fairytales to publish now that the actual owner of the car has posted?

BBFforLYF

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 24th 2011, 10:43 pm

[quote="bruno"]
Sleeperstang wrote:I went an 8.014 to his 8.018... But I red lit on the WRONG tree so it doesn't count I guess! I love how this has turned into a big bragging-fest after everything was settled... If I knew they felt this way, there most certainly would have been a re-match... and it wouldn't have been an 8.0 tuneup... Maybe if they show up next year, we can have a re-match? hopefully both teams will have some better numbers...

So if you add back in the .005 red that means he would have run a 8.019? So a lost even if he would have cut a .000 light?

Last edited by dfree383 on October 24th 2011, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 24th 2011, 10:44 pm

seems pretty fast........ scratch

I dunno, a red light is a red light, if there were issues to be resolved they should have been done right there on the spot, verbally or otherwise.................

Its all said and done now, as for the shit talking I guess that is a horse of a another color.

In Frank's own words the new Hemi deal is a lame duck, I'm sure he will get it sorted out as he's a sharp fella.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleeperstang October 24th 2011, 11:32 pm

[quote="dfree383"]
bruno wrote:
Sleeperstang wrote:I went an 8.014 to his 8.018... But I red lit on the WRONG tree so it doesn't count I guess! I love how this has turned into a big bragging-fest after everything was settled... If I knew they felt this way, there most certainly would have been a re-match... and it wouldn't have been an 8.0 tuneup... Maybe if they show up next year, we can have a re-match? hopefully both teams will have some better numbers...

So if you add back in the .005 red that means he would have run a 8.019? So a lost even if he would have cut a .000 light?

That's assuming both cars cut a perfect light... Your no taking into consideration his reaction time.. Which was somewhere in the .089 range... So in doing some simple math, the stripe was taken by almost a tenth.... But either way, there is no point beating a dead horse....

Sleeperstang

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 24th 2011, 11:48 pm

[quote="Sleeperstang"]
dfree383 wrote:
bruno wrote:

That's assuming both cars cut a perfect light... Your no taking into consideration his reaction time.. Which was somewhere in the .089 range... So in doing some simple math, the stripe was taken by almost a tenth.... But either way, there is no point beating a dead horse....

Given the run he made....... to yours with a perfect reaction time, you still lost.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleeperstang October 25th 2011, 12:05 am

Your not understanding how drag racing works Sad you see there is something called margin of victory, it's calculated by both cars ET, as well as reaction times from both cars... The .005 second red light would have taken the margin of victory from somewhere in the .085 range to .080... He still would have had to come up with the better part of a tenth to be even with me at the finish line... I beleive nhra has some articles on how to understand a drag race on there website if you still don't understand!

Sleeperstang

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 25th 2011, 12:24 am

Sleeperstang wrote:Your not understanding how drag racing works Sad you see there is something called margin of victory, it's calculated by both cars ET, as well as reaction times from both cars... The .005 second red light would have taken the margin of victory from somewhere in the .085 range to .080... He still would have had to come up with the better part of a tenth to be even with me at the finish line... I beleive nhra has some articles on how to understand a drag race on there website if you still don't understand!
red is red,you got a fast car tho,do it again............
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleeperstang October 25th 2011, 12:33 am

cool40 wrote:
Sleeperstang wrote:Your not understanding how drag racing works Sad you see there is something called margin of victory, it's calculated by both cars ET, as well as reaction times from both cars... The .005 second red light would have taken the margin of victory from somewhere in the .085 range to .080... He still would have had to come up with the better part of a tenth to be even with me at the finish line... I beleive nhra has some articles on how to understand a drag race on there website if you still don't understand!
red is red,you got a fast car tho,do it again............

Thanks.. I would have no trouble admitting to a red light loss, if it wasn't for the fact that it wasnt the pro tree that we had agreed upon... I would have never accepted a bet with a .500 sportsman tree because like I said, the car reacts way too fast... Goes red on a pro .400 if I try... as far as why we didnt both leave when the first bulb went, I noticed the single amber come down and waited on the transbrake while the tree came down...

Sleeperstang

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 25th 2011, 12:47 am

oh OK in understand it now..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 25th 2011, 3:16 am

When it comes to grudge racing........

#1 Red is red and always a loss, regardless of the tree (.400 or .500).

#2 If both go red then it's either (A) the first/worst red is the loss, or (B) a race do-over.....if both party's had agreed to this before the race. I have also seen it where the agreement before the race was if both drivers go red then you basicly say "what red" & both lights are considered "green" & first there wins.

Pays to workout ALL of the assorted details before a grudge race to keep any disagreements if something goes wrong during the race (track/tree, or whatever) to a minimum.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 25th 2011, 8:16 am

Not taking sides here or anything but,the kid has balls too put up a grand in a grudge race w/383 sb against a 700" monster. Race was closer than it should have been. I'm sure if it happens next year that both sides will be ready. Get your rules lined out though Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 25th 2011, 12:16 pm

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Tree Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4YbKqpkvuNsY7NF4NuNdExOujbuq9Bm2FLQdYDyObTFBLtwWWqSm1mIXpAw Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Christmas-tree Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 158686d1208876092-msc-figure-8-test-you-think-you-could-pass-inconceivable-1
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper October 26th 2011, 8:30 pm

The question now becomes, how credible is a guy who posts a vid trash talking and claiming victory when he clearly red lights. Says he has no trouble admitting defeat but only offers excuses and blames others. Fast car or not you're a crybaby bitch.
You lost. Get over it. Douche
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer October 27th 2011, 12:13 pm

bruno wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmjCc-AOCU

wow awesome race, very close. As already mentioned, closer then it should have been---but Frank already addressed that with his disappointment in the combo. Did Frank ever post what he thought was wrong with the 712? Why it didn't run any better?
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr October 27th 2011, 5:45 pm

Notice Frank's MPH. The car is clearly not hooking up well or losing traction down track. He'll get it sorted...Rematch!
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. October 28th 2011, 2:45 am

Ok, gonna add my $.02 to this conversation...I've been friends with Frank for many years, watched him defend the Ford name back when it wasn't easy to do - back when there were NO aftermarket parts worth a shit for Fords, and everybody laughed at anybody running one. I lived that dream too...waiting 2 months for an Edelbrock Torker 460 intake that turned out to be an ill fitting POS that wouldn't run with the stock intake, cams desgned for BBC's etc. Frank is a farmer like me, he couldn't afford to have Bickel or Jones build his car, so he built it himself in his 2 car garage in Brooks. It's all steel except for the rear hatch and hood, and it's not light.
I've been after Frank for years to put a glide in the car to see what would happen, but he refuses to give up his C6. Why is that? It's because Frank has spent many years perfecting the C6, he has it living for a full race season at 1600hp in a nearly 3000lb car. Does it slow his car down? I say yes, Frank says no...not much. The man knows more about a C6 than anybody else on this planet, he's determined to run one in the sixes at over 200, and he will do it.
I've seen his car run 7.6 at nearly 190 mph in Med.Hat at 4000 corrected with the 600 inch wedge, with 2 kits, one would think the 712 Hemi in Mission with 3 would tickle the 6's, obviously there's something wrong with the Boss, he will figure it out.

To the guy he grudge raced, I'm facebook friends with Dillon too, he is an awesome driver and a good guy, I call him a good friend. Him and my daughter raced jr dragsters together back in the day. And his dad is a great guy too, his knowledge of Fords and drag racing is legendary around here, he tends to get a little enthusiastic about it sometimes, especially when the after race drinks are flowing, but if you ever need to know something about a BBF, or a C6, or a 9", or how to add 6" into a fender from a 93 Mustang, or plunk a Boss 429 valve cover onto a A441 head, or make a device to line bore a splayed 4 bolt main cap to fit a DOVE block...etc etc...etc..
He is a VERY intelligent man, he has forgot more about building racing stuff than most of us will ever know, calling him a redneck might make you feel good, I'm sure he doesn't care.
He has a new chassis he's going to be putting togther this winter, it will be light, the Boss will get sorted out, and he will be back.
When he finally runs the first 6 second, 200mph run with a C6, make sure you're in the other lane, so you're car will be in an historic photo! Very Happy

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 4 Empty franks the man

Post  BOSS 429 October 28th 2011, 9:19 pm

i have a car of like franks, boss powered, runs in the 7's on motor,and will run in the 6's, it has ones of franks valve bodies in THE C6, yes it has a c6, im with frank on the glide thoughts.

frank knows what hes doing

-rich
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl October 29th 2011, 1:27 am

I've stayed out of this , as " I" Know who won !! as I've only been drag racing for 38 years!! And when the Big RED one comes on ,your done !! Nick isn't that bad of a kid thou !! on the farm I've been busier that a 1 armed wallpaper hanger!! considering that on the weekend(Sept 11) we were out at Mission ,we had a 60-80 mph wind storm go threw at home and it devastated my Alfalfa seed crops to the tune of about a $400,000.00-$450,000.00 loss, uninsured-able loss! The same as I had in '09 . '06 , '02, '99, '98, '95&'94 . As a Farmer I'm probably the biggest gambler's out there , you live on the dream of the perfect year that you'll ring the Bell!! you spend $300 per acre on imput costs and hope for a crop in the bin ! This year I had it penciled out that I should have grossed $636,000 , I'll be just over $100,000 with $170,000 in imput costs on the books ! A $1000 bet on a Drag Race when you know who should win is a sure bet , I've Stooked $5000 pots playing 21 and won ,with half the deck of card left!! and stooked $500 pot and lost!! The 712 a lame duck and the heads are going to Kaase to get checked out and fixed or replaced as I think there's something no right with them and Charlie will be getting 3 sets of C heads to check out a fix or repair !! Suncoast is working on on a sweet new body for the new car , a 115-117" wb '67 Mustang Pro Mod body
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl October 29th 2011, 1:29 am

and to the Kid , I had $5K with me !!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 29th 2011, 2:16 am

[quote="dfree383"]
bruno wrote:

The reaction time doesn't change the ET ..The clock doesn't start until the car moves. If he'd have been .0004 green or better he would've won no matter what reaction time Frank's car had. But ...red light is a loser everytime unless the other car crosses the centerline....
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl October 29th 2011, 2:44 am

Dillon made it look like a race and tipped out of the bottles in the top end for a 174 mph pass instead of a 187pass
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next