BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats your opinion on these rod bearings...

+5
plowboy34
rmcomprandy
billandlori
bruno
9 posters

Go down

whats your opinion on these rod bearings... Empty whats your opinion on these rod bearings...

Post  138 September 24th 2011, 2:23 am

sbc...whats going on here?

whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110126a
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110126b
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110127
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110127d
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110129b
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110130a
whats your opinion on these rod bearings... 0924110133

Back to top Go down

whats your opinion on these rod bearings... Empty Re: whats your opinion on these rod bearings...

Post  bruno September 24th 2011, 2:40 am

not an engine analysis but it looks to be a super dirty environment or there was way to much sandpaper involved it that build ......is that a hint of green oil and to much teeth Razz alien

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

whats your opinion on these rod bearings... Empty Re: whats your opinion on these rod bearings...

Post  billandlori September 24th 2011, 9:51 am

Is that a skim of rust on the crank journals? If so, that would explain the chewed bearings!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 24th 2011, 10:30 am

Dirty environment or ran without oil for short times but often.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 September 24th 2011, 11:24 am

Not to be harsh but if it was put together with the crank looking like that the mechanic is the problem.....just sayin

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 24th 2011, 12:48 pm

From the looks of the crank and rod looks to me it was ran with water in the oil and let it sit with it in it or put to gether with in the rain bear steel and water don't mix.Yes I agree if the crank and rods had rust before being put together it is the builder folt it looks this way.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt September 24th 2011, 12:58 pm

bruno wrote:not an engine analysis but it looks to be a super dirty environment or there was way to much sandpaper involved it that build ......is that a hint of green oil and to much teeth Razz alien

green oil and teeth? Must be a fabio build.

Looking at the oiling holes that it must have developed in the motor. Correct me if I am wrong but won't the oiling holes be rusted if it was rusted before the install?
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  138 September 24th 2011, 2:29 pm

thanks for the replies...any this is not my motor, but suposidly the crank was polished and looked fine before it was installed ... my first thought was not changing the oil very often and condensation build up inside the motor over time... the owner said the cam and lifters looked perfect, but I didn't get a chance to see them myself so....whatever on that. but the discoloration on the crank looks like brass/bearing material to me not rust.

Back to top Go down

Post  138 September 24th 2011, 2:31 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Dirty environment or ran without oil for short times but often.

this seems dead on....and would make sense if it was an oiling issue, which could very well be...especially with periodic (but often) start ups and shutting it down.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 September 24th 2011, 3:50 pm

138 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:Dirty environment or ran without oil for short times but often.

this seems dead on....and would make sense if it was an oiling issue, which could very well be...especially with periodic (but often) start ups and shutting it down.

..... or losing oil pressure, on the brakes at the end of a pass.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  138 September 24th 2011, 3:58 pm

BigDave65 wrote:
138 wrote:

..... or losing oil pressure, on the brakes at the end of a pass.

that would make sense, but this set up has been mostly street driven. hes throwing in a new scat cast crank and new bearings... for his sake I just hope he has it machined and balanced buy someone who knows what the fuk they're doing and its assembled correctly... but by the same token he keeps tellin me "we can build that BBF ourselves and you're just wasting 3000 grand on machining, assembly, and dyno time"... I'm like 3000 grand aint shit to make sure that my 20 some grand stays together, and runs right off the get...anyway thanks for all the replies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn September 24th 2011, 7:23 pm

IMHO it looks like oil starvation like Randy said, with some very dirty oil. What looks like rust appears to me to be just very dirty oil also contaminated with water. In this one photo it looks like magnetized metal filings stuck to the crank, or maybe it's just lint Rolling Eyes .

whats your opinion on these rod bearings... Crankfilimgs
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down