BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats your opinion on this ???

+4
dfree383
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
5pointslow
8 posters

Go down

whats your opinion on this ???  Empty whats your opinion on this ???

Post  5pointslow November 20th 2012, 9:26 am

My father still swears enclosed trailers hurt the sport for young kids ...he means when he was younger(60s) it was all open trailers and as a young kid in a car with his father you would be in awww over looking at the car going by down the road or gas station .

i agree to a point ... i told him in some case but if the kids are gonna be introduced to drag racing its gonna happen no matter what . he also understands why we use enclosed trailers , and i have a 28ft united

This topic is irrelevant but i figuare id share .
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

whats your opinion on this ???  Empty Re: whats your opinion on this ???

Post  bbf-falcon November 20th 2012, 9:48 am

Back in the stone ages when I started going to the drags in mid/late 60's,nobody had a car trailer.Towbars were used.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 20th 2012, 10:01 am

Back in the stone ages when I started going to the drags we mounted a tire on the front bumper and tied a rope on the rear bumper and would push one and pull one at the time. Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 20th 2012, 10:07 am

You walked up a hill, both ways, in the snow, with no shoes too? cheers lol!

And you where Thankful........... sunny
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD November 20th 2012, 11:46 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Back in the stone ages when I started going to the drags in mid/late 60's,nobody had a car trailer.Towbars were used.

That's what I thought too, Rick. I built a tow bar for the Gal that attaches to the crossmember. Took it with us in my wife's Sport Trac, she followed me. I drove the Gal about 50 miles to the strip when I ran it, BANG I broke the rearend Embarassed Sad . Cost me $250 for a rollback to get it home Rolling Eyes .
Oh well, I'm still going to take it the next time, although I trust Randy's work Smile . Maybe I'll even tow it there. Can't find a good used open trailer cheap enough.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 20th 2012, 2:36 pm

GT300TD wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Back in the stone ages when I started going to the drags in mid/late 60's,nobody had a car trailer.Towbars were used.

That's what I thought too, Rick. I built a tow bar for the Gal that attaches to the crossmember. Took it with us in my wife's Sport Trac, she followed me. I drove the Gal about 50 miles to the strip when I ran it, BANG I broke the rearend Embarassed Sad . Cost me $250 for a rollback to get it home Rolling Eyes .
Oh well, I'm still going to take it the next time, although I trust Randy's work Smile . Maybe I'll even tow it there. Can't find a good used open trailer cheap enough.

You ain't kidding junk used ones were getting $1500 around here so I bought a real nice new one for $2400.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 21st 2012, 1:17 am

5pointslow wrote:My father still swears enclosed trailers hurt the sport for young kids ...he means when he was younger(60s) it was all open trailers and as a young kid in a car with his father you would be in awww over looking at the car going by down the road or gas station .

i agree to a point ... i told him in some case but if the kids are gonna be introduced to drag racing its gonna happen no matter what . he also understands why we use enclosed trailers , and i have a 28ft united

This topic is irrelevant but i figuare id share .

Well we can thank TV IVO,and BILLY MYER< FIRST TO USE A SEMI,and TOMMY was one of the first to use an enclosed

but we all need more room,thats why im selling my enclosed
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 21st 2012, 9:13 am

There are times that I would just like to load up on the open trailer but,the Falcon sets so low it drags on the dove tail. Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 21st 2012, 12:35 pm

i have an enclosed and its great as in i have an air compresser , winch cabinets all the nice things ......i guess you could have with an enclosed .

I cant recall my self the last time i saw a drag car on an open trailer that i have seen going down the road or highway , mostly see the roundy round guys using opens for there latemodels around here
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR November 21st 2012, 5:22 pm

I'm keeping the open Trailer concept alive here in Wisconsin.

whats your opinion on this ???  Dcao0031

Open yet Comfortable sleeping and eating Space.
And yes I still see the kids in Awww as I go through towns or am stopped at Stop lights .
Lots of Thumbs up's .

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down