BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladder Bar question

3 posters

Go down

Ladder Bar question Empty Ladder Bar question

Post  Tore September 26th 2011, 10:25 am

If I change the front ladder bar mounting point will I have to rescale the car???

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Ladder Bar question Empty Re: Ladder Bar question

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 26th 2011, 9:37 pm

Tore wrote:If I change the front ladder bar mounting point will I have to rescale the car???

It's possible since after you move the front ladder bar rod-end up/down to a new hole, the rear U-joint operating angle (pinion angle) will also change some & might need to be adjusted back with both ladder bar preload adjusters.

If you're careful & spin both adjusters exactly the same amount in/out to correct the pinion angle (after moving the bars) you might be lucky enough to hit the same side-to-side preload/scale numbers it had before.

But even if you get the preload off a little bit side-to-side & the car launches a little crooked, that should be easy to correct at the track by tweaking one or the other adjuster a hair to pull the launch back to center.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 26th 2011, 9:37 pm

if you simply move the front of the bars to another hole the preload should be the same, you'll need to adjust the pinion angle, This is where things could get off some.

What are you trying to adjust for?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore September 26th 2011, 9:48 pm

The car is hitting the tires super hard and it acts like it bounces and I get alot of wheel spin. I was going to move the bars down one hole and try that.

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 26th 2011, 10:03 pm

Tore wrote:The car is hitting the tires super hard and it acts like it bounces and I get alot of wheel spin. I was going to move the bars down one hole and try that.
Before moving the bars you might want to first try tightening/stiffening the rear shock extension valving more & more each pass to slow down the overall speed of the initial hit more & more.

Then after more testing if you eventually end up with the rear shock extension valving adjusted to "full tight" and it still hits the tire too hard, then you back the shocks back down & try moving the bars.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore September 27th 2011, 7:41 am

Yes I agree with you. But I was just wondering if that is something I had to do also. I don't have any scales I go to a guys house and he sclaes it for me.

Thanks for the replies. Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down