BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing @ montgomery

3 posters

Go down

Racing @ montgomery  Empty Racing @ montgomery

Post  dr's wife racing September 27th 2011, 11:26 am

Haven't had alot of time to get to the track this to racethi yr,mostly just some T&T sessions and the Bash. I was really looking forward to racing this weekend.I was all heads up so they just lumped all of the index class,s togather and ran a seperate qualf. session for only the the true 10.5 cars.after a couple of rounds of qualf. they came to me and said I was the only stock susp. car there wanted me to run 6.0 I declined with only one pass left to work on a 6.0 set up and prob 10 cars running 6.00 or 6.01. I was relagated to another T&T session.They did give all of my money back and use a well preped track. The car ran 5.70 and 5.73 all day last pass was a 5.69 at 122mph There is more left my 60 foots have dropped off from 1.23 to 1.25 best sat. was 1.28. My tires are starting to go away a little bit.
I'm not sure where all of the stock susp cars around here have gone.Ther used to be alot of action but it has dried up.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Racing @ montgomery  Empty Re: Racing @ montgomery

Post  D. Sea September 27th 2011, 12:12 pm

All of the stock suspension guys are gonig ladder bars because of the new rules and the unfair advantage of the fox chassis 4-Link Rolling Eyes

Run OC with me this weekend What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 27th 2011, 12:24 pm

Wish I could come to BG but I just can't make it happen this yr.Has nothing to do with the car. The ladder bar deal was something I noticed at Montgomery when I saw their rules "Ladder Bars allowed" That is cool but it is not stock susp. I may just put the fox body on jack stands and focus on the 65 that I got a while back.I've even considered selling the Fox Body. I just enjoyed the small tire stock susp. stuff but it is not as fun when there is no one to race with.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 27th 2011, 12:28 pm

I know what you mean bud. Back in 05 or maybe 06 I purchased that black notch back in order to run the local True Street Outlaw class when a 5.40 was competitive but then they got STUPID fast so I just kept my back halved car and sold the black one as a roller. Oh well, it was wishful thinking on my part and I still made money on the deal What a Face

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 27th 2011, 12:46 pm

I just kind of hate to sell this one.I bought it as roller stripped it to a tin can state and did all the work on it myself "with a little help from my friends" and I do mean everything every wire,tube,paint ect. Hard to turn loose of so much work. When I sold my 69 in about two yrs they started letting cars like it run in h/u class's.May wait and see what comes around.If I have enough room I'll most likley keep it as racecars seem to be selling on the cheap right now
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 27th 2011, 1:02 pm

lmao ....... i was testing the other nigh in Mont. and a guy was looking under my car and said " damn i told yall he was ss " ......... i just shook my head Rolling Eyes

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 27th 2011, 2:00 pm

Bruno,I looked for you to come.There were some good cars and a good show.It was alot of fun.Track was good,weather was good.I just wound up being odd man out.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down