BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need your input on what you think....

2 posters

Go down

Need your input on what you think.... Empty Need your input on what you think....

Post  curiousgeorge October 8th 2011, 11:45 pm

Ok so I got my pulling truck running weds. night and took it to my first pull for the year(couldn't sit the whole season out). Last winter I ran a leak down on it and the best cylinder was 38% and the worst being 100% back through an intake valve. When this happened I just figured it was the valve and put it on the trailer and brought it home. After watching the video some more I'm thinking it may be an ignition issue, last pull last year it wouldn't start and I had to put a new pickup in the dist. I haven't pulled it since. While I was checking things out last year I had the white wire loose off the msd6al box and forgot to tie it back up, it may be grounding out while bouncing around and that's what got me to thinking about ign. instead of valve. While I know the motor is old and wore out and in need of a major rebuild, what do you guys think is going on. The vid is kinda small it was taken with my Iphone by my daughter.
Need your input on what you think.... Th_IMG_0517

curiousgeorge

Back to top Go down

Need your input on what you think.... Empty Re: Need your input on what you think....

Post  bbf-falcon October 8th 2011, 11:53 pm

Engine sounds really good. Sounds like it could be ignition.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down