BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

max spray on ten bolt head

4 posters

Go down

max spray on ten bolt head Empty max spray on ten bolt head

Post  oldracer65 November 15th 2011, 6:03 pm

whats the max anyone has sprayed on a a460 ten bolt head over 400 or not

oldracer65

Back to top Go down

max spray on ten bolt head Empty Re: max spray on ten bolt head

Post  dadof384k November 15th 2011, 11:54 pm

Everytime we sprayed 300 h.p. on kristinas a 460 10 bolt heads you could see water misting out of the motor from about half track on. we re torqued the heads then we tried new cometic gaskets, re surfaced the heads but it always lost water. went back to 200 h.p. and it was happy then. todd

dadof384k

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 16th 2011, 8:33 am

mine are not a460 but i would say my edelbrocks have the weakest deck surface (cylinder head gurus correct me if im wrong ) and at the bash 2 years ago i ran with both kits which was about 400 ...... Ive been working on my first kit lately which is between 200 and 250 with no issues and this weekend we will be bringing in the 2nd stage anywhere from another 150- 300 .... i would venture to say its all about the tune

and i also run cometics and have only torque them down once

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 17th 2011, 8:37 pm

bruno wrote:mine are not a460 but i would say my edelbrocks have the weakest deck surface (cylinder head gurus correct me if im wrong ) and at the bash 2 years ago i ran with both kits which was about 400 ...... Ive been working on my first kit lately which is between 200 and 250 with no issues and this weekend we will be bringing in the 2nd stage anywhere from another 150- 300 .... i would venture to say its all about the tune

and i also run cometics and have only torque them down once

I have run this same head with 42 pills in the fogger never had a problem but my tune ups are very close.(started with 28s in the fogger and worked up) No detonation and low timing on motor
i run small block ford and trying 28s on the first kit and 26s in the second kit and maybe more this weekend. I dont care if its got 40 head bolts you detonate it and its coming off.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down