BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost my job today

+4
Notch 501
billandlori
Old blue Racin Team
meteor545
8 posters

Go down

lost my job today Empty lost my job today

Post  meteor545 September 16th 2009, 5:02 pm

well it happened to me. i lost my job. looks like the car project is on hold indefenatly.
anyone in alberta need a 4th class power engineer?

meteor545

Back to top Go down

lost my job today Empty Re: lost my job today

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 16th 2009, 5:05 pm

sorry to hear that man
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 16th 2009, 5:07 pm

That sucks man.

Is the oil slowing down out there? There was a pile of people flooding out there for the last few years, not so much now?

Good luck, I hope you find something soon.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 September 16th 2009, 5:18 pm

billandlori wrote: Is the oil slowing down out there? There was a pile of people flooding out there for the last few years, not so much now?

ya it seems to be pretty slow this year. it looks like it will be busy untill january now though.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 16th 2009, 5:41 pm

Thats too bad, I was wondering how long the boom would last. I hope this picks up for you soon, there are a pile of folks relying on it.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Notch 501 September 16th 2009, 7:08 pm

yea new housing starts are way down.....did reno work all summer long have do something to pay the bills....oh well....
Notch 501
Notch 501

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper September 16th 2009, 9:25 pm

Lucky for the home reno tax rebate. Theres a lot of reno's going on...the work sucks but at least its some cash in the pocket.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jm September 17th 2009, 2:22 pm

i am sorry to hear that mike...i was on job share since june, only working 3 days a week Crying or Very sad i was scraping by, plus my wife has cancer and we are waiting for surgery....so needless to say my car is on a back burner also. but i am optomistic that the economy is going to turn around soon. i am going back full time in a week Smile and as my wife.....i am praying Crying or Very sad

Last edited by jm on September 17th 2009, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

jm

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 September 17th 2009, 6:29 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 September 24th 2009, 10:48 pm

I interviewed for an entry level position at a local engine machine shop today! maybe i will be able to turn my hobby into a profession. lost my job today Icon_biggrin
they mostly do stock stuff including heavy diesels, but sometimes performance work comes there way. here's hoping they pick me, and that the pay will be enough to cover my bills.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  deerhunter3814 September 25th 2009, 2:16 am

jm wrote:i am sorry to hear that mike...i was on job share since june, only working 3 days a week Crying or Very sad i was scraping by, plus my wife has cancer and we are waiting for surgery....so needless to say my car is on a back burner also. but i am optomistic that the economy is going to turn around soon. i am going back full time in a week Smile and as my wife.....i am praying Crying or Very sad

I missed this thread when it started.

First of all jm, I hope your wife has a successful surgery, and if you are on a waiting list of any kind, my wishes are for it to happen soon. (if you live in Canada). Keep us posted.
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

Post  deerhunter3814 September 25th 2009, 2:37 am

meteor545 wrote:well it happened to me. i lost my job. looks like the car project is on hold indefenatly.

meteor545,

I work for the biggest power company in the US, and I think they are trying to break us, they have changed so many things that was very profitable, and threw away millions of dollars of stock, (yes threw it away for scrap). This is going to cost jobs, many. I was looking at what was going on across the company tonight at work, and there is plants (coal fired) that have no units running at all, we have 11 coal fired plants and it is almost 50% shut down, with two running no units. We have 12 combustion Turbine plants but they give no data on them or our Nuclear plants and Hydro, so I have know idea on them. It looks bad across the board job wise, but you can bet the CEO's and staff will still get there bonuses. Rolling Eyes
Don't get me wrong, I love my job (even though it is one of the lowest paying at the plant) and I will do anything I can to keep the plant going, I just can't understand why the upper management does some of the wasteful things they do.

Good luck finding you a good job, if you are interested in moving down south, PM me and I will shoot you a url on the job openings with my company. (corparate wide)
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 September 25th 2009, 2:15 pm

deerhunter3814 wrote:
meteor545 wrote:well it happened to me. i lost my job. looks like the car project is on hold indefenatly.

meteor545,

I work for the biggest power company in the US, and I think they are trying to break us, they have changed so many things that was very profitable, and threw away millions of dollars of stock, (yes threw it away for scrap). This is going to cost jobs, many. I was looking at what was going on across the company tonight at work, and there is plants (coal fired) that have no units running at all, we have 11 coal fired plants and it is almost 50% shut down, with two running no units. We have 12 combustion Turbine plants but they give no data on them or our Nuclear plants and Hydro, so I have know idea on them. It looks bad across the board job wise, but you can bet the CEO's and staff will still get there bonuses. lost my job today Icon_rolleyes
Don't get me wrong, I love my job (even though it is one of the lowest paying at the plant) and I will do anything I can to keep the plant going, I just can't understand why the upper management does some of the wasteful things they do.

Good luck finding you a good job, if you are interested in moving down south, PM me and I will shoot you a url on the job openings with my company. (corparate wide)

That would be a great adventure. but i dont think it would be fair for me to move to the United States and take a job, when so many Americans are out of work. Also "power engineer" in Canada means Boiler operator (a silly term we adopted from the british) so i am not an actual engineer. A few Years ago i gave serious consideration to taking a position as a maintenance worker in an industrial laundry facility in Texas. You folks have a great country, one I hope to visit, or even live in. The few times i have visited (Montana and Idaho) I had a great time.

Thanks to everyone for thier thoughts and concern for me in my time of need.

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey September 25th 2009, 8:52 pm

Sorry to read brother...I hope you find a new job soon! Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content