BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will it pull

+11
Barney
whitefield
schmitty
Diggindeeper
zbob
John Myrick
jcoxracing
richter69
bruno
Henryslx
quick 52
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will it pull - Page 2 Empty Re: Will it pull

Post  dfree383 December 22nd 2011, 1:10 pm

richter69 wrote:hell nobody showed last year, they all had excuses.
You started it !!! lol!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 22nd 2011, 1:49 pm

follow the leader.......... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 22nd 2011, 6:30 pm

well lets say i wanted to go to the bash with the buran pulling my 24' trailer from michigan when would i need to leave. and what kind crawl speed would the 5.3 puke pull at

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 22nd 2011, 6:38 pm

Not many hills or at least nothing big on that trip, probably lock it down at 60-65 and let'er eat. Kepp a safe distance and an eye down the road to leave plenty of room to stop.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 December 22nd 2011, 8:04 pm

quick 52 wrote:well lets say i wanted to go to the bash with the buran pulling my 24' trailer from michigan when would i need to leave. and what kind crawl speed would the 5.3 puke pull at

Dale we'll pony up together...I can be your auxillary front brakes if needed geek and I'll watch when your wrenching...matter of fact I'll even hand wrenchs when needed hehehe Laughing
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 22nd 2011, 8:45 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:
quick 52 wrote:well lets say i wanted to go to the bash with the buran pulling my 24' trailer from michigan when would i need to leave. and what kind crawl speed would the 5.3 puke pull at

Dale we'll pony up together...I can be your auxillary front brakes if needed geek and I'll watch when your wrenching...matter of fact I'll even hand wrenchs when needed hehehe Laughing
Its good to have help when pulling with a chevy and racing a ford your guaranteed one or both will ph--K up

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper December 22nd 2011, 11:32 pm

Barney wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:5.3's barely have enough power to get out of their own way. Also better check for coolant in the oil if you get there.
My 2005 Silverado 5.3 w/ 4.10 gears ran 15.30s and pulled a 24 ft 75-80 mph all day. In fact speed wise it pulled better than my Excursion, control and brakes not so much.
You must have had the best one in the world. Or had no weight in the trailer, and not a hill or gust of wind in sight.
I drive one every day, it struggles with a 16ft enclosed with a trencher inside. Its on engine #2 @100k (coolant in oil). It's the most useless excuse for a truck I've ever driven. But on the bright at least I'm not the sucker who owns it.
No power, no load handling, no brakes, takes forever to heat up, tailgate rattles like a mofo, wipers quit working every so often, tail lights work on and off.

Our other fleet vehicles are even worse...6.0 Chevys getting a cool 5 mpg. Newer but with some of the same issues. Lights, front ends, wipers, etc
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 22nd 2011, 11:47 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:
Barney wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:5.3's barely have enough power to get out of their own way. Also better check for coolant in the oil if you get there.
My 2005 Silverado 5.3 w/ 4.10 gears ran 15.30s and pulled a 24 ft 75-80 mph all day. In fact speed wise it pulled better than my Excursion, control and brakes not so much.
You must have had the best one in the world. Or had no weight in the trailer, and not a hill or gust of wind in sight.
I drive one every day, it struggles with a 16ft enclosed with a trencher inside. Its on engine #2 @100k (coolant in oil). It's the most useless excuse for a truck I've ever driven. But on the bright at least I'm not the sucker who owns it.
No power, no load handling, no brakes, takes forever to heat up, tailgate rattles like a mofo, wipers quit working every so often, tail lights work on and off.

Our other fleet vehicles are even worse...6.0 Chevys getting a cool 5 mpg. Newer but with some of the same issues. Lights, front ends, wipers, etc
I bought it new in 05 have pulled a ton with it. Actually the trailer had my car and equipment in it, probly around 7k lbs. I never had a problem in 80k miles, other than brakes needing replaced. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It was a x cab 4x4 LT pulling wasn't the problem, but it was a fairly light truck so the trailer did push it around a bit and it wasn't the best(understatement) stopping with the trailer even with trailer brakes. I like Fords as much as the next guy, but it was a great truck and never gave me a problem, in fact I pulled my trailer to Atlanta through the mountains and never got below 65mph, and got 13.5 mpg doing it . Try that with a shitty 5.4, or Hemi. I have an Excursion now, but was sad to see that truck go.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 23rd 2011, 11:00 am

the brakes r $hitty but didnt known that the buran were to lite to handle a trailer. mind is older and 02 it has been a good truck no tail lite problem or coolant in the oil with 150,000 on it. but 13mpg pulling a car trailer i dont know about that hope so. mine new would get 20 mpg on the hiway now get 17-18 mpg so pulling its got to be bad. my brother had 2000 suburan went 250,000 with no drive train trouble.

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper December 23rd 2011, 5:51 pm

Barney wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:
Barney wrote:

I bought it new in 05 have pulled a ton with it. Actually the trailer had my car and equipment in it, probly around 7k lbs. I never had a problem in 80k miles, other than brakes needing replaced. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It was a x cab 4x4 LT pulling wasn't the problem, but it was a fairly light truck so the trailer did push it around a bit and it wasn't the best(understatement) stopping with the trailer even with trailer brakes. I like Fords as much as the next guy, but it was a great truck and never gave me a problem, in fact I pulled my trailer to Atlanta through the mountains and never got below 65mph, and got 13.5 mpg oing it . Try that with a shitty 5.4, or Hemi. I have an Excursion now, but was sad to see that truck go.
I own a hemi, towed with both. there is NOTHING a 5.3 can do that a hemi can't do better.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 23rd 2011, 5:55 pm

I had a 03 5.7 Hemi 4x4 extended cab... That was the biggest POS truck I ever had, thank GOD I only leased it !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 23rd 2011, 5:59 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:
Barney wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:
Barney wrote:

I bought it new in 05 have pulled a ton with it. Actually the trailer had my car and equipment in it, probly around 7k lbs. I never had a problem in 80k miles, other than brakes needing replaced. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. It was a x cab 4x4 LT pulling wasn't the problem, but it was a fairly light truck so the trailer did push it around a bit and it wasn't the best(understatement) stopping with the trailer even with trailer brakes. I like Fords as much as the next guy, but it was a great truck and never gave me a problem, in fact I pulled my trailer to Atlanta through the mountains and never got below 65mph, and got 13.5 mpg oing it . Try that with a shitty 5.4, or Hemi. I have an Excursion now, but was sad to see that truck go.
I own a hemi, towed with both. there is NOTHING a 5.3 can do that a hemi can't do better.
Except pass gas stations, and have a functional transmission, and front suspension. Dodge truck are about as reliable as the weatherman. I have a fleet of 36 trucks and they are all Chevys, And Fords because Dodge still can't figure out how to build a transmission or a front end that doesn't sound like it has been unbolted after 50,000 miles. I'm not saying that a half ton 5.3 Chevy is the end all beat all, but I personally have had good experience with them as far as an everyday truck goes no more, no less. Dodge trucks on the other hand are JUNK, the heavy duty trucks with a Cummins are like throwing a diamond in a bucket of shit.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper December 23rd 2011, 6:23 pm

Mine passes 800kms (and several gas stations) before needing fuel 120l tank. My chev work truck goes 300km on about 60 liters per fill You do the math. The mine I worked at had about 20 Chevy 3/4 tons. They bought wheel bearings by the pallet load, tie rod ends by the crate load. Chevy has the worst front end. Period. Even moog can't fix that shitty design. Dodge just use cheap parts. The design is at least functional.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 23rd 2011, 6:48 pm

That's great info. Maybe since the great Dodge secret is out Dodge will get some of the 97% of the fleet market that Ford and Chevy have a stranglehold on. Trust me there's a reason so few reputable companies choose not to get within 10 miles of any Chrysler products in their fleet. Here's a hint it's not because the are reliable or economically viable. Their product are so great they had to be bailed out TWICE in the last 35 years, and they are outsold every year for decades by Ford and Chevy. Hell Toyota Tundra outsells Rams. Keep firing the good fight.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 23rd 2011, 6:52 pm

Will it pull - Page 2 Hemi
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 23rd 2011, 6:57 pm

Thats Priceless........ He probably has his Ram Truck in the trailer !!! cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 23rd 2011, 6:58 pm

Will it pull - Page 2 Hemi2
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 23rd 2011, 7:31 pm

I hear Blake love's Mooooooopar's.... affraid Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 24th 2011, 10:48 am

I love the saying its like throwing a diamond in a bucket of shit. my chevy may not be the best but it can find every nail thats out there. I get the 24' in april when my buddy new 28' he got shows up

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 24th 2011, 12:28 pm

my company bought Dodge pickups a few years back after 6 here in the local area crapped the trans and blew 5 engines in 30,000 miles and Chrysler said to bad we now are DODGE free sunny
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 25th 2011, 12:46 pm

MERRY XMAS
to all the car guys hope u got some parts or cash to make it yours. its a long winter up here it Michigan hope to get some work done on mine. or maybe couch wrench this winter. HONEY can u throw another log on the fire big daddy cold

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2