BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.H.R.A.

+19
Curt
Tony M
DFI429
Moodyblues
rmcomprandy
DILLIGASDAVE
LivermoreDave
bbf-falcon
Barney
bigblok2000ranger
cool40
schmitty
IDT-572
bird of prey
richter69
Frank Merkl
the Coug
dave d
342g
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

N.H.R.A.  Empty N.H.R.A.

Post  342g December 22nd 2011, 4:37 pm

They are at it again, window net, now has to be two year certification, helmets , snell 2000 expires 1-1-12, it never ends.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

N.H.R.A.  Empty Re: N.H.R.A.

Post  dave d December 22nd 2011, 5:58 pm

Anything to make it more expense for a person to race in the nhra.GOT to pay there wages too Evil or Very Mad
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 22nd 2011, 6:07 pm

thats why I went IHRA
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl December 22nd 2011, 8:18 pm

rules will be the same for IHRA and 12 years for a helmet ? and your complaining? some helmets when i'm teching stink so bad it almost makes you want to throw up, and the fish net style window net has always been 2 year ,now it's the same for the ribbon style . I you can't afford to keep your safety equipment updated maybe you should find a new sport like pocket pool! lol
Frank

Div 6 tech
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 22nd 2011, 8:23 pm

Helmet rule is no biggie, the window net rule will make those that "need" to have one in the first place get it lol. As far as a recert every 2 years thats kinda bullshit IMO................and honestly I doubt our track will enforce it anyway.........I know the other track wont hell tech is taking the card to the tower on the 4wheeler lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey December 22nd 2011, 8:33 pm

if i could only remember to put up the net. half the time i don't think about it till it's to late. 2yrs seems like bs.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 22nd 2011, 8:50 pm

Frank Merkl wrote:rules will be the same for IHRA and 12 years for a helmet ? and your complaining? some helmets when i'm teching stink so bad it almost makes you want to throw up, and the fish net style window net has always been 2 year ,now it's the same for the ribbon style . I you can't afford to keep your safety equipment updated maybe you should find a new sport like pocket pool! lol
Frank

Div 6 tech

NO Frank it's all about the Money........ How many days does your car sit outside in the sun other than when you are at the track???? so it's all about the money for those GREEDY BASTARDS
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 22nd 2011, 8:53 pm

hell the Snake makes passes with the window down, arm out the window, middle finer in the air.............biotches...... Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 22nd 2011, 9:03 pm

richter69 wrote:hell the Snake makes passes with the window down, arm out the window, middle finer in the air.............biotches...... Razz

Leave that to the professionals.......................... Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 22nd 2011, 9:34 pm

Is that middle finger high hp rated? Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 22nd 2011, 9:38 pm

schmitty wrote:Is that middle finger high hp rated? Laughing

No its crooked and Albert Clark approved though......................... Cool Shocked Laughing pale affraid
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 22nd 2011, 9:42 pm

i sure do like the 1/8 mile outlaw tracks.your chances of being killed are a lot more while going to the track than racing at the track.the nhra should try pocket pool but they'd try to make us poor rednecks pay a fee for make'n a mess or make us buy some "safety gear" so we would'nt get hurt. lol!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 22nd 2011, 10:37 pm

My snell 2000, is not twelve years old, more like four, and yea its a big deal, and its not about the money, it is the principal, when has N.H.R.A. done anything to help the little guy, I know, never.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 22nd 2011, 10:50 pm

No biggie got to send belt in to be re-certed and have to add a window net now anyways, and time for a new helmet anyways going with a SA 2010 also got to take the truck to have the cage certified also have to get a flexplate/bellhousing shield as well. The rules don't bother me, I look at them as they are there to protect me.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 22nd 2011, 10:57 pm

Some stuff is pretty silly, but it's a business like anything else and if they don't make money they won't be around.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 22nd 2011, 10:57 pm

I bought my flexplate and ultrabell used, expired......they still are lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 23rd 2011, 12:01 am

You all will not agree w/my way of thinking ,but here goes anyway. If I am stupid enough to wear a paper helmet,no seat belts or safety gear for my self,it should be my responsibility. But,I can understand them making sure my car is safe so that it will not kill/injur my opponent or bystander. Its like safety equipment in my personel vehicle ,if i don't want to wear a seat belt I should'nt be made to even though I prefer wearing one. I agree that NHRA are greedy bastards that are probably getting kickbacks from the manufacturers. jmo

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl December 23rd 2011, 12:02 am

I'm sure the $15-$30 for a new net every 2 yrs going to break alot of people
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GFR-4131BK/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BOB-999-3/
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 23rd 2011, 12:07 am

bbf-falcon wrote:You all will not agree w/my way of thinking ,but here goes anyway. If I am stupid enough to wear a paper helmet,no seat belts or safety gear for my self,it should be my responsibility. But,I can understand them making sure my car is safe so that it will not kill/injur my opponent or bystander. Its like safety equipment in my personel vehicle ,if i don't want to wear a seat belt I should'nt be made to even though I prefer wearing one. I agree that NHRA are greedy bastards that are probably getting kickbacks from the manufacturers. jmo
I'm glad NHRA is the way it is. I want the person in the lane next to me at 160mph to be as committed to safety as I am. Sur,e some of it is ridiculous, but if you can afford to build a race car, you can afford personal safety equipment on a regular basis.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 23rd 2011, 12:32 am

Frank Merkl wrote:I'm sure the $15-$30 for a new net every 2 yrs going to break alot of people
Frank

mine was a custom from Stroud, 75 bucks plus tax like 10 years ago when I bought it lol.

I'm all about the safety equipment, but the renewal intervals are bullshit, the license is one big pain it the ass for sure...............I can see it if your an old f-cker but for a guy my age I can damn sure drive it as good or better than I did 2 years ago...........plus the membership crap..........Hell I don't even read the ND anymore its just of boring crap................ Getting the physical signed off..........a doctor buddy of mine said the jet fighter pilots take a less certified quack to sign them off than NHRA does. For once I was glad our track actually checked for them this year as much $$$ and aggrevation you have to go through to get it. Our car counts suffered this year due to the enforcment of it though...........that is a FACT.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 23rd 2011, 12:47 am

i realy dont mind the safety stuff but the license is a f*****g. forced to be in the nhra club just to race is BS! i sure like the 1/8 mile outlaw tracks we have here! O........did i already say that?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave December 23rd 2011, 1:28 am

Kinda sounds like "insider trading"!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 23rd 2011, 1:29 am

Barney wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:You all will not agree w/my way of thinking ,but here goes anyway. If I am stupid enough to wear a paper helmet,no seat belts or safety gear for my self,it should be my responsibility. But,I can understand them making sure my car is safe so that it will not kill/injur my opponent or bystander. Its like safety equipment in my personel vehicle ,if i don't want to wear a seat belt I should'nt be made to even though I prefer wearing one. I agree that NHRA are greedy bastards that are probably getting kickbacks from the manufacturers. jmo
I'm glad NHRA is the way it is. I want the person in the lane next to me at 160mph to be as committed to safety as I am. Sur,e some of it is ridiculous, but if you can afford to build a race car, you can afford personal safety equipment on a regular basis.

I don't have a problem w/safety,it's the regular basis interval (every 2 yrs)that is a really pain in the ass. They will let a 2000hp turbo car go down the track w/skinny ass tires and no wheelie bars smacking both sides of the retaining walls,but they won't let us make a pass if our like new net,or Harness is one month over due.BS

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 23rd 2011, 2:24 am

I have read on a few sites where a bunch of people are talking about gathering up all their expired belts and sending them all to NHRA at/around the same time as a protest of the 2 yr belt rule. Could be worth a giggle or two.

And replacing a window net after only 2 years is fuckin ridiculous. I can see where maybe the belts & net might need to be replaced IF a race car spent 100% of it's time exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays. But I'm guessing the average race car spends most of it's time in either the shop/garage/trailer.

The NHRA really went on the money-grubbing war path after they lost all that delicious Winston money years ago.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 23rd 2011, 11:02 am

Frank Merkl wrote:I'm sure the $15-$30 for a new net every 2 yrs going to break alot of people
Frank

$15 to $30 ... ?
I have a Snell 95 helmet in the box used exactly once ... it is carbon fiber and cost $430.00 back in 1992 and I'm sure they didn't get LESS expensive.

I have seen some later "snell" approved helmets with scratch marks and deep gouges and even a chipped surface however, simply because the date was right on the sticker inside, it was OK. THAT is a bunch of crap and as I see it, ALL about the money.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum