BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.H.R.A.

+19
Curt
Tony M
DFI429
Moodyblues
rmcomprandy
DILLIGASDAVE
LivermoreDave
bbf-falcon
Barney
bigblok2000ranger
cool40
schmitty
IDT-572
bird of prey
richter69
Frank Merkl
the Coug
dave d
342g
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

N.H.R.A.  - Page 3 Empty Re: N.H.R.A.

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 23rd 2011, 10:03 pm

56Tbird wrote:
Tennessee Bullitt wrote:$60 dollar buy backs for bracket 2 at BG was a joke as well.
NHRA or Beech Bend had nothing to do with those buybacks .Thank the NMRA for that...That's why I wasn't there this year. NMRA is X10 as bad as NHRA !!

Oh yea I know, I was pointing out that for that much I better be runnig the worlds greatest footbrake race for $50,000
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 24th 2011, 10:16 am

Don't get me wrong, I am an IHRA member, and they too have stuff that has to be re-certified. I am also a big believer in safety equipment, but I can run 7.0s in the same suit that I run 8.90's in. I think all of the SFI re-certs are BS! Suit structure should be base on fuel, adders and where the engine is compared to the driver.

Helmets are probably the second most important piece of equipment in your racing program and they are good for 12 years. We I raced motocross, we replaced them anytime there was an impact, even if they were only dropped. How many times have you witnessed a racer throw his helmet go to the tower, pay his buyback money and put that helmet back on?

The inspector at the track should look at safety equipment and determine if it is usable or not. I can assure you that I work way to much to ever wear out a set of belts, and they see less sun than a mole.

Window nets??????????????????? come on, that is the most complete BS. I would just wear arm restraints to piss them off.

Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 24th 2011, 1:50 pm

Curt wrote:Don't get me wrong, I am an IHRA member, and they too have stuff that has to be re-certified. I am also a big believer in safety equipment, but I can run 7.0s in the same suit that I run 8.90's in. I think all of the SFI re-certs are BS! Suit structure should be base on fuel, adders and where the engine is compared to the driver.

Helmets are probably the second most important piece of equipment in your racing program and they are good for 12 years. We I raced motocross, we replaced them anytime there was an impact, even if they were only dropped. How many times have you witnessed a racer throw his helmet go to the tower, pay his buyback money and put that helmet back on?

The inspector at the track should look at safety equipment and determine if it is usable or not. I can assure you that I work way to much to ever wear out a set of belts, and they see less sun than a mole.

Window nets??????????????????? come on, that is the most complete BS. I would just wear arm restraints to piss them off.

That is exactly the way it should be looked at ... NHRA can't see "the forest for the trees".

It's all about curtailing the damages in potential lawsuits; they really don't care much about YOU at all.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 24th 2011, 4:02 pm

richter69 wrote:They need to make the tracks have a damn SFI sticker on the f-ckin' track surface and prep, that shit causes more wrecks than a 3 yr old window net IMO.............and I mean for everytime the track is open, not just the NHRA events....

X1000!

Going sideways at 120mph will really tighten up your sphincter. There was not a big event at the track that weekend and everyone was having traction issues and when a group of us drivers complained about the track surface were told it was same as every other weekend, but the next weekend traction was great.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum