BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

class action lawsuit..............

+2
bbf-falcon
richter69
6 posters

Go down

class action lawsuit.............. Empty class action lawsuit..............

Post  richter69 December 23rd 2011, 2:22 pm

Service manager brought a local newspaper out yesterday, there was a huge add on it with a picture of an 08 superduty on it asking owners of 2003-2010 Ford trucks to contact his number blah blah blah about a class action lawsuit against Ford for all the issues associated with them. I think he said it was in all the Oklahoma and TX newspapers....................kinda funny. I Know those Navistar engines are huge piles of shit (6.4 especially).............but Ford has some deep pockets..................interesting to see how this pans out.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

class action lawsuit.............. Empty Re: class action lawsuit..............

Post  bbf-falcon December 23rd 2011, 11:55 pm

I heard rumors a few yrs. back that Fomoco had already sued International over the engines Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 24th 2011, 1:14 am

I'm gonna take a guess that the only people getting any money out of this deal will be some lawyers. Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf December 24th 2011, 5:09 am

Well I know if I had shelled out $50k for a truck to sit in the service shop all the time I would be more then a little PO'd. I am a die hard Ford guy but they deserve it. Everybody can have a bad year but gee whiz, wasn't it about 7 bad years??
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 24th 2011, 11:56 am

the 6.0/6.4 was so bad Ford went out and did their own thing. The way I understand it all the issues Ford was having they were not allowed to make any changes due to the lack of permission from Navistar, then you had the whole falling out between the 2. That 6.4 deal is a pile I tell you, I agree one should not have to have a 50k truck in the shop all the time. It sure has been good for my income though the last 8 years or so...............and even more so now with a great percentage out of warranty...........Funny thing is as big as a piece of crap they are and have known this for many years now people still buy um up...............we cant keep any used superdutys in stock.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 24th 2011, 12:21 pm

I took my 7.3 down and had the front end aligned and when they got it in the shop Ford dealer aproached me and ask when I was going to trade it off cuz they had a guy waiting on 4 of them and would give me a good deal on it....He said it would be gone before I got the papers signed....I told them not till ford made a good one to last more than 15 minutes without working on it....mine has 250,000 on it and I feel it will go double that with no problems.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 24th 2011, 12:24 pm

Coug, you need to get one of the new ones, they are the just as good as the old 7.3 only quieter and a lot more power.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 24th 2011, 12:30 pm

Schmitty when I get this one worn out I will think about it... The best thing about my truck is NO PAYMENTS......YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW

Schmitt can it drive as long as mine on a tank of fuel? I filled up here 75 gal and drove all the way to Charlotte NC filled it up there and drove back home without stopping for fuel...... Very Happy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 24th 2011, 1:16 pm

I did work on a couple 7.3's this week btw lol. They both had over 280k, both were rattle traps also. One of them we put a pan and front cover on two months ago............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 24th 2011, 1:19 pm

Coug, I've pulled over 20mpg with it more than one time just driving, and pulling a trailer it does about 15mpg. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 24th 2011, 2:46 pm

Yeah. But you still gotta piss in the tank.

That 6.4 I had made me appreciate my 7.3. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off. Maybe I'll buy a used 6.7 one day. But until then I'll stay payment free...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down