BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first build lots of ?s

5 posters

Go down

first build lots of ?s Empty first build lots of ?s

Post  jlang September 18th 2009, 12:55 am

this is my first build,

this is the build plan so far
i have a block is d1ve aa bored .040 c8 heads

carb-was planning edel performer series carb

inatake manifold-edelbrock performer rpm

ignition-msd-6a ignition control with msd blaster 2 coil

cam- comp cams hydrolic xtreme energy xe 274h

is this a good build for a performance street motor so far?

also why doesnt the edelbrock performer carb work on the performer rpm intake manifold

and i read on here about weind 8012? i think you guys said it was a lil better than the performer rpm

my teacher said that when people are building good performance motors they dont really use edelbrock carbs why is that and if so what carb should i use and would it work with the performer rpm intake

and will the 800cfm be too much i originally planned on using the performer 750 carb but it doesnt have a 750 in the thunder

what valve train set up should i use (springs lifters push rods etc.)

are rollers worth the extra money

or should i just scrap all this and start from scratch again

and please dont send me to another site thhis is the third one ive been sent to

jlang

Back to top Go down

first build lots of ?s Empty Re: first build lots of ?s

Post  schmitty September 18th 2009, 1:15 am

What is the motor going in?

What are your goals/expectations for this car?

What is your budget?

Nothing really wrong with either intake manifold, but depending on engine size and operating range of motor, the Stealth may be a better choice, or may not.

The Eddy carbs are not as much of a performance carb as the Holley based stuff. Depending on goals, a larger carb may be required to feed your mill. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jlang September 18th 2009, 1:21 am

its going in a 56 ford f250 (3/4ton)
and im trying to build a badass l street motor
i have a lil money but not an unlimited supply

jlang

Back to top Go down

first build lots of ?s Empty Just my $.02

Post  MeJay Racing September 30th 2009, 9:54 pm

In my experience, Edelbrock carbs are only good for those that don't want to do alot of adjusting/tuning and want better gas mileage. I agree that for a good mean street motor, a Stealth is the way to go.
MeJay Racing
MeJay Racing

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 1st 2009, 9:41 am

schmitty wrote:What is the motor going in?

What are your goals/expectations for this car?

What is your budget?

Nothing really wrong with either intake manifold, but depending on engine size and operating range of motor, the Stealth may be a better choice, or may not.

The Eddy carbs are not as much of a performance carb as the Holley based stuff. Depending on goals, a larger carb may be required to feed your mill. Cool

I agree with Rob... I'vs had several streetable BBF's and the Stealth is definitely your best choice, unless hood clearance is going to be a problem, but I see in your case it won't be... The Edelbrock carbs are for show cars in my opinion... An 800cfm carb won't be too big... In my opinion, that's the bare minimum you or anyone should put on one of these engines... I don't know what you altitude is, but up here in the nose-bleed state, I've run 850+ with no issues on the street... A lower altitude may require less...

Good luck,

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman October 1st 2009, 12:31 pm

x2. Stealth is a good call. Scrap the edel carb idea if you're looking for more than just cruising & shows. A Holley 850-950cfm dp ought to do it. After making the change to solid cams years back I'll never go back to anything hydraulic IMO. I'd slide a flat tappet solid in there. Something with spec's recommended by the guru's on the site. I like rollers (I run one myself) but I'm not so sure about the benefit's being worth the money on this build. Some guys say the rollers are more prone to failure in something that's going to see a lot of street miles.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down