BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

solinoid Question

4 posters

Go down

solinoid Question Empty solinoid Question

Post  Larry T September 18th 2009, 9:31 pm

back in the day fooling with the import stuff i had a Efi nitrex wet system i think it was rated for a 100 shot.i uped the nitrous passed the 100 untill i was up to 175 at that point the solinoid froze up and stayed slightly open.luckely the wateing line was down hill when things got kinda quiet i herd the hissing,that could have been real bad.

Question is did i find the maximum the solinoid could handle at 150 as it never did that befor i went to 175?is this comon thing to happen when you go above the recomended amount for that solinoid?
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

solinoid Question Empty Re: solinoid Question

Post  hotrodmerc September 18th 2009, 10:04 pm

Solenoids just fail from time to time. I don't believe the HP level had anything to do with it. The coil in the solenoid probably just failed.IMO
hotrodmerc
hotrodmerc

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions September 19th 2009, 10:29 pm

I have never known a solenoid to freeze open ?????? It is more likely that a small piece of debris got thru the lines and filter and hung the solenoid open... Did you use it again afterwards ?? SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tech @ BG September 21st 2009, 12:54 pm

Induction-Solutions wrote:I have never known a solenoid to freeze open ?????? It is more likely that a small piece of debris got thru the lines and filter and hung the solenoid open... Did you use it again afterwards ?? SJ
Same here and not sure the specs on that solenoid but most of the small ones will safely flow 175 and then some.

Tech @ BG

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 21st 2009, 8:57 pm

yes i used the system unchanged for about 2 moor years with out anymoor problems.i took the car back to my pit area let the solinoid defrost and changed the jets back to 150hp.while the air intake was off i turned the system back on and hit the microswitch 2 times the solinoid didnt leak or anything so thats were i left it.

i had always had a question in my mind about that solinoid.i seen a firebird blow the front end off his car on pinks the other day and i got to thinking?
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down