BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rocker ratio

3 posters

Go down

rocker ratio Empty rocker ratio

Post  bigblockpaul January 28th 2012, 1:03 pm

Does anyone use the 1.8 ratio on the exhaust and the 17.3 on the intake anymore.I have read about it but havent heard much on the results?

bigblockpaul

Back to top Go down

rocker ratio Empty Re: rocker ratio

Post  Paul Kane January 28th 2012, 1:36 pm

bigblockpaul wrote:Does anyone use the 1.8 ratio on the exhaust and the 17.3 on the intake anymore.I have read about it but havent heard much on the results?
You can play with rocker arm ratios on a dyno (for example) and thereby alter valve timing events to see what the engine likes. If you find that a 1.73I/1.80E rocker arm arrangement makes better power than other I/E rocker arm combos, then there's nothing necessariily wrong with running that setup as opposed to making a cam change that would result in the same timing events as the rocker arm arrangement that gets you there.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 28th 2012, 1:42 pm

bigblockpaul wrote:Does anyone use the 1.8 ratio on the exhaust and the 17.3 on the intake anymore.I have read about it but havent heard much on the results?

As Paul said, using different ratio rocker arms on the intake OR exhaust side in order improve performance is a normal thing. With a big block Ford, a stud mount rocker, about 1.9/1 is about the max; any more ratio and the pushrod cup in the rocker gets to close to the fulcrum. Over 2/1 rocker ratio is used with many valve trains using shaft mounted rocker arms.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down