BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing

+18
IDT-572
56Tbird
Larry T
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
richter69
Baitshop
cool40
Greg-P
schmitty
Doug Rahn
c.evans
Barney
rmcomprandy
yellowhorse7
BOSS 429
bruno
fordpullin
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Empty Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing

Post  fordpullin January 28th 2012, 11:22 pm

I just wanted to say I had an engine built by Rich @ Circle R Racing and we had it dynoed today and I am very pleased with the outcome of this project. So if anyone is looking for a good engine builder I highly recommend Rich. He is very very good with Big Block Fords!
fordpullin
fordpullin

Back to top Go down

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Empty Re: Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing

Post  bruno January 29th 2012, 7:29 am

Congrats on the build, would you mind sharing some specs

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 29th 2012, 2:12 pm

Thank you , It will be a good one.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 29th 2012, 3:29 pm

bruno wrote:Congrats on the build, would you mind sharing some specs

Won't comment on specifics but it made goooooooood power. Enough that most on this site wouldnt believe, lol.

Fact.....Rich Wilhelm builds the baddest BBF 's in the business. And that's the bottom line!
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 29th 2012, 6:52 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:

Won't comment on specifics but it made goooooooood power. Enough that most on this site wouldnt believe, lol.

Fact.....Rich Wilhelm builds the baddest BBF 's in the business. And that's the bottom line!

I wouldn't believe anything when it's kept a secret. You can't sling BS when everyone else actually knows, lol.
That's part of racing ... not knowing what the other guy truly has.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 30th 2012, 1:17 am

Some guys share a lot of specs, and info on others builds, some don't . At the end of the day as long as the customers are happy and the engine accomplishes its goals that's all that matters. I will say that Rich is the only person I feel comfortable touching anything of mine, and that's really saying a lot .
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans January 30th 2012, 11:57 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:

No, it's not a "Fact.....that he builds the baddest BBF's in the business", it's just your opinion. Of course you're entitled to it, just like I'm entitled to mine. But to say that it's a "fact" is as wrong as me saying that the color of the sky is green and the color of grass is titty pink,,,,,and calling that a fact. Just because it's my opinion,or your opinion, that doesn't make it a fact.

By the way, congratulations on the new engine. Very Happy

Somehow already I knew that the Chicago bunch would not share any details of the engine build-up,,,,,and that's fine. There are those that try to share BB Ford engine building knowledge, such as our quest speakers and attendees at the Ford Winter Tech Seminars,,,,,and then there are those that don't.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 30th 2012, 12:11 pm

c.evans wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

No, it's not a "Fact.....that he builds the baddest BBF's in the business", it's just your opinion. Of course you're entitled to it, just like I'm entitled to mine. But to say that it's a "fact" is as wrong as me saying that the color of the sky is green and the color of grass is titty pink,,,,,and calling that a fact. Just because it's my opinion,or your opinion, that doesn't make it a fact.

Somehow already I knew that the Chicago bunch would not share any details of the engine build-up,,,,,and that's fine. There are those that try to share BB Ford engine building knowledge, such as our quest speakers and attendees at the Ford Winter Tech Seminars,,,,,and then there are those that don't.

Charlie Evans
-----------------------

THANKS GUY'S , BUT lol best, NO WAY,lol, he's been on his rear bumper tooooo much!

As far as sharing, well thats not up to me. He should of made it home by now maybe he'll share later.

-Rich

ps I THINK BOB,AND BILLY GLIDDEN ARE THE BEST ENGINE GUYS, HELL EVEN ETTA WON ENGINE BUILDER OF THE YEAR ONCE.

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 January 30th 2012, 12:51 pm

c.evans wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

Charlie Evans

I'm beginning to think you dont like me, lol. Sleep
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 30th 2012, 12:58 pm

c.evans wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

Charlie Evans
Not everyone wants all of the information of their combo shared. Sharing engine building knowledge is one thing, but one of the reasons I use Rich is because there is some confidentiality used. I have an engine build I am sharing some details on as we go, but yes there will be some things left out for a couple reasons. The first reason is privacy, the second is that I don't want to answer why I didnt do this or I should have done that when that's not the purpose of my build thread.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 30th 2012, 1:00 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
c.evans wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:

Charlie Evans

I'm beginning to think you dont like me, lol. Sleep
I don't like you, your one of those "Chicago Bunch" guys.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 30th 2012, 1:15 pm

ITS A FACT

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Pink-grass

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Green-sky

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 30th 2012, 3:24 pm

End of days stuff right there ^^^^^^^.

Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn January 31st 2012, 11:46 am

I understand keeping specifics about the build confidential but why not share max hp @ rpm and max torque @ rpm Question
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 31st 2012, 12:15 pm

I believe the customer doesn't want any #s disclosed. He just posted to say he was happy with the work that was done and recommended Rich, no more, no less. I also feel that any disclosure is the decision of the customer not the builder. If this engine was built by different engine builders and they chose not to post #s everyone on this site would just trip over themselves getting to the keyboard to praise them, but since it wasn't from certain builders all of the sudden the thread goes from someone saying they are pleased with the results to some sort of conspiracy, it's ridiculous. Fact, if a builder posted my specs on a public site instead of me posting them they never see a dime from me again. It's no secret Rich Wilhelm builds good stuff, he doesn't throw others #s around, he always helps and gives advice when asked, and doesn't toot his own horn( his customers do). I don't understand why it always has to go from hey I'm happy with the results to some mandated rule that all info must be disclosed.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn January 31st 2012, 12:44 pm

Where is this mandated rule that all info must be disclosed? I'm pretty sure I know which engine builders you are speaking of, and I have never seen any engine builder post numbers without the owners permission or even toot their own horn. Those of us who use their services toot that horn for them. Conspiracy Suspect ? For crying out loud, inquiring minds just want to know.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 31st 2012, 12:58 pm

Most of my specs for my current build will be posted.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 31st 2012, 7:57 pm

bruno wrote:ITS A FACT

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Pink-grass

Rich Wilhem @ Circle R Racing Green-sky

i just thought it was funny , damn guys were is the sense of humor Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 31st 2012, 8:49 pm

I have visited with Rich quite a few times on the chat room, and he is hell of a nice guy. If a customer wants a build to stay private, that is his choice, but I still don't see what all of the fuss about it is. The problems start when the peanut gallery starts asking questions and just wears out the discussion over trivial details, or a clown crew starts making jokes where they aren't needed. There are a lot of good engine builders on here, and there is professional courtesy between them, and that is to be commended. What these guys do speaks for itself. Cool

PS: Brash, outrageous "cheerleading" tends to turn a lot of people off, and hurts image more than builds it.

Way to go Rich, if the customer is happy, you did that person a great service, and I'm sure they will come back again for work to be done. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg-P January 31st 2012, 9:11 pm

I"m with Schmitty on this one. There is however a line in the sand so to speak when it comes to some on here and ALL the others. If the customer is happy and wants to share I'm good with that. If he chooses to keep it to himself I'm good with that also. Keep in mind though that some here are professional grudge racers, thats a lot different than the bracket guys and index guys. Grudge racers are all about the decoy + bait and hook. A litte 501 could really be a 572 or 598 ...who really knows Rolling Eyes

Take a gander over at Nicks valve degree angle thread, bunch of guys ragging on him about a small cam. Fact is the combo works and there is more than one way to skin a cat. Twisted Evil
Greg-P
Greg-P

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 31st 2012, 9:26 pm

the guy who spends the money should be the one to talk or not.JMO
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fordpullin January 31st 2012, 10:35 pm

Ok here's the deal. Rich has been a very nice guy from the day I first spoke with him and very willing to help at anytime. If you need something he is no more than a phone call away, at anytime. He researched extensively to be 100% sure that this engine would do what I wanted and after the dyno I am sure it will do the job. It is a very impressive build and I am very happy with every aspect. Rich will always do my engine work. Very Happy

I started this thread to give credit where it was due but I don't know what I've started???? Neutral
fordpullin
fordpullin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 31st 2012, 10:41 pm

Glad your happy, Rich does great stuff.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 1st 2012, 12:25 am

fordpullin wrote:Ok here's the deal. Rich has been a very nice guy from the day I first spoke with him and very willing to help at anytime. If you need something he is no more than a phone call away, at anytime. He researched extensively to be 100% sure that this engine would do what I wanted and after the dyno I am sure it will do the job. It is a very impressive build and I am very happy with every aspect. Rich will always do my engine work. Very Happy

I started this thread to give credit where it was due but I don't know what I've started???? Neutral

What you started was certainly fine and commendable ... until you started mentioning that you weren't telling anything because the people on here wouldn't believe it anyway, intimating they were undeserving. Simply say you "prefer not to say anything".
Ultimately keep it a secret if you wish; just don't belittle the other people on this forum by claiming THEY are a reason for keeping quiet because of their probable suspicions.
Whether you realize it or not, that is indirectly placing your persona above theirs and people will definitely take offense to you about that; NOT to the engine in question.

Figuring you didn't know what had unintentionally happened, I tried to put some levity on the situation right after but, that didn't seem to work either, LOL.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fordpullin February 1st 2012, 8:23 am

fordpullin wrote:I just wanted to say I had an engine built by Rich @ Circle R Racing and we had it dynoed today and I am very pleased with the outcome of this project. So if anyone is looking for a good engine builder I highly recommend Rich. He is very very good with Big Block Fords!

fordpullin wrote:Ok here's the deal. Rich has been a very nice guy from the day I first spoke with him and very willing to help at anytime. If you need something he is no more than a phone call away, at anytime. He researched extensively to be 100% sure that this engine would do what I wanted and after the dyno I am sure it will do the job. It is a very impressive build and I am very happy with every aspect. Rich will always do my engine work. Very Happy

I think you need to go back and read over this thread again before you say that I am belittling someone. I've only made 2 posts and they are both are above. Get facts straight before you post!!! Mad

People also take offense when people make statements about them that is not true!
fordpullin
fordpullin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next