BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company?

5 posters

Go down

TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company? Empty TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company?

Post  powerstrokeace February 15th 2012, 10:43 pm

Was looking at their web site and noticed that the have the same address. So I didn't know that. I guess total engine airflow performs there CNC program for TFS?.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company? Empty Re: TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company?

Post  mtacqua February 15th 2012, 11:06 pm

I think so, there is a thread on the bullet about it. I think Brian Tooley (started TEA) designed the twisted wedge head, or had some input on it. Also, think he did the latest CNC port design for all the trickflow heads (or again had some input).
mtacqua
mtacqua

Back to top Go down

TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company? Empty Re: TFS and Total Engine Airflow Same company?

Post  c.evans February 15th 2012, 11:23 pm

Trick Flow Specialities was a cylinder head company started by Mike and Rick Smith back in the early 80's in northeastern Ohio. In the late 90's Rick sold the company to Summit and went on board as the president of TFS for a few years, but is no longer there. The Smith brothers had designed the twisted wedge head, the A-460 head, and other versions of heads. Rick Smith has been a quest speaker at three of our Winter Tech Seminars.

Brian Tooley was the owner of TEA and sold that company to TFS sometime in the 2000's. TEA was and is in the business of doing CNC porting. Brian moved to northeastern Ohio and was the head of TEA for a while, but left TEA a couple of years ago. Cory Roth is the main man now. So,,,,TEA is a subsidary of TFS, which is a subsidary of Summit.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 15th 2012, 11:47 pm

Rick Smith is a real nice guy, great speaker and nice guy to visit with. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 February 16th 2012, 8:11 am

Plus....from my experience...Total Engine Airflow does a nice job and has fair pricing.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down