BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie nitrious question about ignition timing

3 posters

Go down

newbie nitrious question about ignition timing Empty newbie nitrious question about ignition timing

Post  bigblockboy February 29th 2012, 9:55 am

I have a basic 73 stock lincoln 460, besides headers, weiand stealth,double pumper, MSD 6AL, accel ignition, small rv cam, shaved heads, 3 angle valve job, ported to match intake, bout 9.1 compression. im gonna run a sniper NOS kit 100-150 shot, using holley blue pump and regulator, i need to know what kind of timing curve do i need with the NOS, i know ill have to play with it but was wanting to know what kind of curve i will need for the sniper kit, the rate of advance that works best with NOS any help would be grateful thank you guys

bigblockboy

Back to top Go down

newbie nitrious question about ignition timing Empty Re: newbie nitrious question about ignition timing

Post  Barney February 29th 2012, 10:16 am

We lock out our timing and use a retard thats triggered with the spray. 1.5-2 degrees retard for every 50 horsepower is typically a good place to start.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

newbie nitrious question about ignition timing Empty Re: newbie nitrious question about ignition timing

Post  quick 52 February 29th 2012, 5:57 pm

im running stock with nitrous i take out alot to be safe i use around 26* to 28* total with 150hp hit and run 35* total on motor im also using pump gas 93

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 29th 2012, 6:00 pm

Sounds fine what do your plugs look like? Usually by the time you engage the nitrous 3500 or above you advance is all in anyway. I've never ran spray without a locked out distributer.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down