BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns & Ammo :-)

+18
schmitty
Mustang-junky
superchargedv8
Doug Rahn
stanggt
AZFairlane
GTmustang
dfree383
David Cole
billandlori
patfromjersey
Tennessee Bullitt
bruno
knrclark
f250mike
stangr8cr
BB94STANG
D. Sea
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guns & Ammo :-) Empty Guns & Ammo :-)

Post  D. Sea March 1st 2012, 8:24 pm

Since the other thread got locked here's the pictures I said I would post from my CCDW class.

Bretta 92FS with Iron Sights
20/20 with a 6" spread
Distance = 21 feet
5 rounds per clip due to class rules

Guns & Ammo :-) CCDWP1010024

Guns & Ammo :-) CCDWP1010025

Guns & Ammo :-) CCDWP1010026

Guns & Ammo :-) CCDWP1010027
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Guns & Ammo :-) Empty Re: Guns & Ammo :-)

Post  BB94STANG March 1st 2012, 9:00 pm

Nice shootin Tex Wink
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr March 1st 2012, 9:53 pm

Nice group Damon, are you right handed? How far is the trigger reset on that thing?

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike March 1st 2012, 10:49 pm

stangr8cr wrote:Nice group Damon, are you right handed? How far is the trigger reset on that thing?

Boo Boo

I was going to ask the same ? after seeing the pics.
Boo Boo beat me to it!

By the way dang nice group!!

f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Guns & Ammo :-) Empty Nice

Post  knrclark March 2nd 2012, 12:55 am

Somebody help me remember to not piss off Damon! I'm fat and cannot run that fast anyway.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 2nd 2012, 1:08 am

Thanks for the compliments What a Face

My late Uncle gave this Beretta 92FS to me and this is the second time I've pulled the trigger. I haven't tinkered with it yet however it seems to shoot just a smidge to the left. Yes I'm right handed Keith. I'll have to do some research and see how I can adjust the windage, if possible.

LOL Kerry Razz

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr March 2nd 2012, 8:54 am

Only reason I asked is my neighbor who is older asked me last week why I thought he always seemed to shoot a little to the left. I asked him if he lets the trigger return full forward and he does. With a full trigger pull, you'll tend to move your wrist very slightly. Next time out, after your first round, keep the trigger pulled and only release it forward enough for the trigger to reset and I'll bet your group will move to the right. My neighbor and myself shoot Glocks which have a pretty short trigger reset which cuts the trigger movement by half. His favorite saying is " might not kill em, but I'll bet I scared the shit out of em" Do you shoot often? Reload? Cool

Boo Boo

Last edited by stangr8cr on March 2nd 2012, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 2nd 2012, 10:50 am

nice grouping .... here in the country we just aim for the turtles in the pond Very Happy ...... i just sold my 24/7 pt pro and i didnt like it because it was to big to carry , so im in the market for a smaller piece . any recommendations ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr March 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm

I carry a Glock 23 or Glock 27 but more often the 27. It is a subcompact and I have big hands but it just works. I would suggest renting a couple different handguns to see how they feel. With the Glock 27 and a t-shirt, you'd never know I was carrying. A good holster goes a long way as well. I have a Galco leather deal. Also, as stupid as it may sound, a good belt is a must too, dress belts will NOT hold up to the added weight or stress of a holster.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 2nd 2012, 1:05 pm

Keith,

Thanks for the tip and I'll try that next time out however IMO it's most likely the sights. First time I shot my friends .44 Magnum revolver with a "Dirty Harry" 10" barrel a few months ago: BULLSEYE, then another and then another, well you get the picture What a Face

I've always been an excellent shot, starting when I was very young and my Uncle would take me shooting. Wish I could shoot more often but like I said, this was only the second time I shot the beretta.

Keith, you have a Galco IWB holster? I'm looking at the Miami Classic Shoulder Rig for winter time and a Crossbreed IWB for warmer climates.

Nick,

Blake was telling me about the FN 5.7 and the more research I read, the more I like the FN 5.7; It's easily concealed and packs one hell of a PUNCH! It's a bit pricey however it's on the top of my list for another CCDW purchase in the near future. For now I'll just carry the 92FS, it's extremely reliable, easy to fire and holds 15+1

What's everyone else carry, own, shoot or ????? My co-worker loves Glock and he has a BUNCH of AK-47's... He's ex-millitary from Bulgaria and is a really good shot! I finally talked him into getting an AR-15 and he loves it SO MUCH that he's now building another one that is "Lighter" as the one he has now sports a fairly heavy Bull Barrel that is not fluted.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr March 2nd 2012, 7:43 pm

I don't know exactly what model it is but it is an outside the waistband and the cant is perfect IMO for concealed carry. It is also comfortable to wear while driving, hardly know it's there. Another plus is it also fits my 23 so it's a 2fer deal. Every once in a while I'll carry my 23 during jacket weather but not very often, the 27 is just so convenient. I love to blast rounds through the 23 at the range though. My accuracy improved a good bit since I started reloading my own ammo. I understand on the sights, wasn't trying to imply it was all user lol! My Ruger P97DC needs a slight sight adjustment but I really don't ever shoot it much, more or less just make sure she's clean. It was my first piece and don't see any need to get rid of her. She doesn't eat unless I force her to. Cool

Boo Boo

stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 2nd 2012, 7:55 pm

I just picked up a ruger p91dc I've been looking for. I love mine. Hey Bruno look into the tarus titainum revolvers, very compact, superlight weight and lot of calibers to choose from.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey March 2nd 2012, 8:12 pm

Nice shooting Damon! I'm 6 weeks into my NJ Firearms ID card/permits. Yes, NJ is a joke. Mad My first handgun is going to be a Sig P229 9mm, and then I'm going to buy a 1911. I just love that gun. I can't wait to finally post some pictures of my guns. Very Happy
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 2nd 2012, 11:12 pm

Nice group right there!!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 2nd 2012, 11:48 pm

yes NJ has a lot of "red tape" to cut through in order to own a firearm, I commend you for sticking with it Pat. Keith, I'll look into a galco OWB holster, I'm still researching what will work best based on the "wardrobe" Laughing

What's a P97C and a P19C? Post some pictures Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole March 3rd 2012, 1:03 am

My handguns are not on the same level as most of you lol. Had just one since '92 until last week. The one I've had since 92 is nice, just too big to carry. Colt Anaconda .44 Mag, 6" stainless. Pretty gun, pretty intimidating looking too.

Last week I picked up a little pistol that I can carry in a jacket or pants pocket. Shoots pretty smooth. A little Kel-Tec PF9, 9mm. Hard chrome slide (sorta brushed satin look) Holds 8, is 4.5" tall, 5" long, .88" thick and weighs 12 oz empty. Might not be a killer piece, but it'll get somebody off me if need be.

Thankfully, the license process in Alabama is easy. Had mine since 92. It's left up to each county sheriff. Mine took 2-3 days for a background check. No class, no test. Some counties (metro areas) are more strict and have their own programs. Once you have it, just walk in pay $20 once a yr to renew.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 3rd 2012, 1:10 am

I have a Smith 9 I like to carry or a Glock 9.

I have a .380 back-up for summer carry.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr March 3rd 2012, 9:10 am

My Ruger P97DC is a .45. DC just means de-cocker, no safety. Nice shooting gun, just a little to big for carry for my liking.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang March 3rd 2012, 9:48 am

Nice shooting Damon, I think you got him affraid ! I carry a titanium framed Beretta Tomcat .32 auto concealed, not real powerful but it's so small you can just stick it in your pants pocket. I've found that a larger gun is harder to conceal, especially under summer clothing and that your more likely to either leave at home or in your car instead of carrying it. I've also got a few more "handguns" such as a Ruger Security 6 .357 mag 6", Colt Anoconda .44 mag 6" w/ 1.25-4x scope, Hamerli .22 target pistol w/ a Pro Point red dot sight, and a bolt action single shot Remington XP 100 .221 Fireball w/ 3x9 scope. I'm considering purchasing either a compact Kahr .45 auto or a Glock 36 or 31 .45 auto to carry in winter when it's easier to hide a larger gun under your heavier clothing. I was laughing at a promo last week for one of the new survivalist shows when a guy bragged "that he had a gun for every member of the family!", I live alone and I've got enough guns to give everyone that lives on my block a gun! I sold off a few guns that I didn't care for a couple years back, or I'd have even more.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane March 3rd 2012, 1:14 pm

I carry a Glock 27 and have a Glock 22, Ruger P95DC, Colt Python .357 and a .22 revolver. As for target shooting, I like to use these targets, they tell me what I'm doing wrong or right.

http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf/files/TargetRightHanded.pdf

Of course I use the left handed ones, but I'm trying to shoot more with my right hand, I want to feel comfortable with both.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt March 3rd 2012, 5:19 pm

I carry a S&W M&P .40 cal and also a Bersa 380 that is a very nice shooting peice for the price. Very Happy
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 3rd 2012, 6:42 pm

Nice shootin' there partner cheers I'm going back to the range here shortly myself. I just got me a BlackHawk SERPA CQC holster for the Glock 36 I recently bought and really like this unit. I'm getting a second one to modify and mount in my truck. I especially like the adjustable cant.

Guns & Ammo :-) Glock002

Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 5th 2012, 12:55 pm

That's a nice looking holster Doug Cool

All you guys with these Glocks is gonna cause me to go and get one What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  superchargedv8 March 5th 2012, 2:03 pm

id like to get a sig p238 for cc... i like the larger frames but i can't see myself carrying daily like that

superchargedv8

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 5th 2012, 6:58 pm

D. Sea wrote:That's a nice looking holster Doug Cool

All you guys with these Glocks is gonna cause me to go and get one What a Face

You wouldn't regret it if you did get one. My H&K has taken a permanent back seat to the Glock Very Happy . I wasn't to sure I would like the Blackhawk holster but it really is a natural movement with the index finger to unlock it in one smooth motion.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next