BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building oil pressure when letting off

2 posters

Go down

Building oil pressure when letting off Empty Building oil pressure when letting off

Post  69F100 March 16th 2012, 11:54 pm

I had this happen 1 time before I rebuilt engine last year I didn't see anything but wasn't looking for this problem as when I let off it blew one of the lines off the oil filter thought I ran over something that time I seen some marks on the hose.Now it did it again tonight at the track after I let off nothing on the track this time this build has about 25 to 30 passes on it.It has the same oil pump could it be the bypass valve sticking it it is a melling hv pump.I know it will have some high pressure line put back on it as in hydro lines not the push on lines.Has anyone ealse had this happen before the engine is coming out and be taken apart for inspection as it lost oil pressure and hit zero.I fixed the line at the track and fired it up oil pressure went back to 65 psi so just maybe the vr1 did it job.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Building oil pressure when letting off Empty Re: Building oil pressure when letting off

Post  Paul Kane March 17th 2012, 2:14 am

If 65 psi is your peak pressure then I doubt it's the oil pump, especially on decelleration. It takes a pretty elaborate and extensive external oil system to create the hysteresis that would cause peak oil pressure at engine decel.

But since you are going into your engine, you might as well disassemble the oil pump and inspect the bypass piston passage for anything that might cause it to stick in its bore. It's not a particularly notorious problem but it can happen if just the right size foreign debris enters the pump and lodges in the shuttling bypass piston. But until that's specifically confirmed I thnk something else is popping the line.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Building oil pressure when letting off Empty Re: Building oil pressure when letting off

Post  69F100 March 17th 2012, 10:47 pm

Me and Mike Stevens was talking and he showed me something to look at and what might be the problem and happening
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down