BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these heads worth swapping to my engine?

3 posters

Go down

Are these heads worth swapping to my engine? Empty Are these heads worth swapping to my engine?

Post  elgemcdlf April 9th 2012, 4:57 pm

I have a '76 Lincoln 460 in my pickup. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of heads from a 1970 Galaxie XL 429. Are these heads of any advantage to me? If so what would be a fair price to give for them assuming they need run through the machine shop? Can I still use my 460 intake with them?
elgemcdlf
elgemcdlf

Back to top Go down

Are these heads worth swapping to my engine? Empty Re: Are these heads worth swapping to my engine?

Post  IDT-572 April 9th 2012, 5:15 pm

They should be dove, c8ve or c9ve, any of these will help your performance by raising your compression to 9.5:1 or better from around 8:1

Good move. But with a stock cam it may detonate on 87 octane
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Are these heads worth swapping to my engine? Empty Re: Are these heads worth swapping to my engine?

Post  jasonf April 9th 2012, 6:11 pm

460 intake Yes

$100 for a price if they need to be rebuilt.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  elgemcdlf April 9th 2012, 7:19 pm

Thanks guys.
elgemcdlf
elgemcdlf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down