BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ...

2 posters

Go down

Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ... Empty Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ...

Post  posford April 19th 2011, 11:11 am

... on a stock 77 460. This is just for a little more oomph in my truck puller until I can finish my 545 (next year or so). I've got a 77 460 and want to swap on a pair of DOVE - C heads with 2.23 intake & 1.73 exhaust valves. I have these heads already sitting out in the garage. I don't know how much they've been cut over their lifetime, anyhow ... I'm looking for opinions on using these with a Comp. 292h and Scorpion roller rockers. I'll need rockers for the 545 so I figure I might as well get then now and use them. Octane is not an issue with the class I'm in and I can use race gas. If this engine survives this years pullin' I'll probably put this in my 78 F-150 2wd for a fun street ride. I also have a Torker II intake and 750 Holley DP and headers. Does this seem doable with the bigger valves & stock pistons ? Thanks in advance, Nick.
posford
posford

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ... Empty Re: Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ...

Post  dfree383 April 19th 2011, 11:19 am

should work fine, just get a better cam if you don't already have the 292......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ... Empty Re: Looking for opinions on swapping heads & cam ...

Post  posford April 19th 2011, 11:26 am

What would you recommend for a cam ?
posford
posford

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 19th 2011, 11:29 am

Call Lem or Randy and have one ground, costs about the same as buying one new.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  posford April 19th 2011, 11:31 am

Thanks, I'll try that.
posford
posford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down