BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple stages on BBF THORS

+2
bruno
Ragin' Cajun
6 posters

Go down

Multiple stages on BBF THORS Empty Multiple stages on BBF THORS

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 20th 2012, 7:15 pm

Anyone running 2 or 3 systems with the THOR cylinder heads? Kinda of a vague question but, my build will be finished next week and we are gonna have 3 systems. I was just wanting to hear feedback from anyone who already has this setup.

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Multiple stages on BBF THORS Empty Re: Multiple stages on BBF THORS

Post  bruno April 21st 2012, 8:45 am

Ragin ,

i would give steve a call fron Induction-Solutions and go iver your build in details and he will be glad to get you a baseline tune and even help you out throughout the way ....reguardless if you purchased the system from him or not Wink

good luck and keep us updated on how she runs

here is his contact info
352-593-5900 - office
815-351-8853 - cell

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 21st 2012, 12:33 pm

bruno wrote:Ragin ,

i would give steve a call fron Induction-Solutions and go iver your build in details and he will be glad to get you a baseline tune and even help you out throughout the way ....reguardless if you purchased the system from him or not Wink

here is his contact info
352-593-5900 - office
815-351-8853 - cell

Thanks Bruno, I have heard lots of Good things about IS, at this time i was looking more for info on guys already running Nos with these heads, i know there are not alot out there comparitively speaking but the 3 or 4 guys that i run against, all run a Naturally Aspirated setup with the THORS. Its relatively easy to spray a set of 24* bbc heads and not hurt anything or even the 18* or 16*'s but when you start spraying the 12* or 14.5* longevity is out the window, of course it makes alot of power but you got to have stock in a piston company. I ran a set of IDT heads last year with multiple stages and won the MRA National Championship in my rookie year and they made alot of power in a lighter smaller engine package than all of the talldeck big inch BBC that i ran against. Spraying the IDT heads was more comparible to spraying a set of 14.5 bbc heads, you definately had to be on top of things or you would hurt something. I guess the reason for my question was to maybe learn more about the Thors, would they be more comparable to a 12* bbc head? I hear alot of the guys running the 12* bbc stuff gripping and complaining about how difficult it is to keep the motor alive. Of course i do not know what there tuneing abilities are. Im not really talking about a couple of 200 shots, we usually are spraying quite a bit. Some of the reason for going to the Thors was so that we could make more power on motor and not "have" to spray so much. just looking for some good ole feedback, some other opinions. Thanks again Bruno. L8tr, Ragin' Cajun

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle April 23rd 2012, 11:49 am

I can't help with your questions but where do you guys run at? You from Louisiana?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 23rd 2012, 2:27 pm

jbozzelle wrote:I can't help with your questions but where do you guys run at? You from Louisiana?
Yes sir, Im from Louisiana. We race all over the Central U.S. and The East Coast, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Mississippi, Missouri, Texas. We race 200' muddrags. Mudracersassociation.com

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions April 24th 2012, 5:37 pm

Ragin' Cajun wrote:
bruno wrote:Ragin ,

here is his contact info
352-593-5900 - office
815-351-8853 - cell

Thanks Bruno, I have heard lots of Good things about IS, at this time i was looking more for info on guys already running Nos with these heads, i know there are not alot out there comparitively speaking but the 3 or 4 guys that i run against, all run a Naturally Aspirated setup with the THORS. Its relatively easy to spray a set of 24* bbc heads and not hurt anything or even the 18* or 16*'s but when you start spraying the 12* or 14.5* longevity is out the window, of course it makes alot of power but you got to have stock in a piston company. I ran a set of IDT heads last year with multiple stages and won the MRA National Championship in my rookie year and they made alot of power in a lighter smaller engine package than all of the talldeck big inch BBC that i ran against. Spraying the IDT heads was more comparible to spraying a set of 14.5 bbc heads, you definately had to be on top of things or you would hurt something. I guess the reason for my question was to maybe learn more about the Thors, would they be more comparable to a 12* bbc head? I hear alot of the guys running the 12* bbc stuff gripping and complaining about how difficult it is to keep the motor alive. Of course i do not know what there tuneing abilities are. Im not really talking about a couple of 200 shots, we usually are spraying quite a bit. Some of the reason for going to the Thors was so that we could make more power on motor and not "have" to spray so much. just looking for some good ole feedback, some other opinions. Thanks again Bruno. L8tr, Ragin' Cajun

RC,
I sure here ya on the Thor heads not being like all those BBC out there as well as you wanting to here from someone that races a Thor headed combo. Maybe I can still qualify ??? Here's a picture of our shop car...

Multiple stages on BBF THORS MustangCandles-1

It actually has a Thor headed engine that at the time of the above photo was shooting three stages on it. Here's the engine back then..

Multiple stages on BBF THORS Engine

The engine now has four systems on it, but due to lack of time to spend with the car we have actually put it up for sale... Anyway, I'm well aware of what tuning a Thor headed engine is like if I can help you out. A lot of what your up against will have more to do with how the engine was built as well as wheather or not the head has been worked for the large amounts of nitrous you may want to be hitting it with ??

When we first started running this engine the heads were not very friendly at all. We worked hard on the cam, piston, compression, and the heads to get it where we're at today. Thanks for your time.. SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 25th 2012, 9:37 am

Thanks Steve, this was exactly the info I was looking for. I sent you a PM, thanks again, RC

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions April 25th 2012, 1:16 pm

Replied !! Thanks and glad I was able to address some of your concerns.. SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 25th 2012, 3:18 pm

Ragin' Cajun wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:I can't help with your questions but where do you guys run at? You from Louisiana?
Yes sir, Im from Louisiana. We race all over the Central U.S. and The East Coast, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Mississippi, Missouri, Texas. We race 200' muddrags. Mudracersassociation.com

Whats your truck look like? We got a pretty big race coming up on Memorial Day weekend (May 27th) at Mountainview Mud Bog in Stafford VA if you want to make a road trip up. I enjoy taking my little ranger with a 466 and beating on the chevy and dodge boys. Always willing to have some help in the ford camp! Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 26th 2012, 5:54 pm

kjett wrote:
Ragin' Cajun wrote:

Whats your truck look like? We got a pretty big race coming up on Memorial Day weekend (May 27th) at Mountainview Mud Bog in Stafford VA if you want to make a road trip up. I enjoy taking my little ranger with a 466 and beating on the chevy and dodge boys. Always willing to have some help in the ford camp! Twisted Evil

cant seem to get any pics to upload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUr8PZZgNA&list=UU5CCw4UTnNQK_XVV9lC-NHw&index=9&feature=plcp
check out 1 minute into the video and 2 min. & 14 sec. Thats me, its an orange colorado but its FORD POWER!!!!!!
The wheelie bar broke on the second pass..................

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 26th 2012, 8:55 pm

That thing is bad azz! Whens the next time you will be running up towards VA? I'll see if I can make it to that track to run. I'm nowhere in the same class, but it would be fun to watch the wheel stands! Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragin' Cajun April 27th 2012, 8:23 am

kjett wrote:That thing is bad azz! Whens the next time you will be running up towards VA? I'll see if I can make it to that track to run. I'm nowhere in the same class, but it would be fun to watch the wheel stands! Twisted Evil
Thanks, we got some Hot Rods in our class, its basicly a 2800lb. doorslammer class, any motor, any head, with iron blocks, no injection, no turbo, no blower. At that race i think there were 26 entries.....We were suppose to run in Charleston, WV. But the race was changed to Neeses, South Carolina on June 23rd.

Ragin' Cajun

Back to top Go down

Post  86bigblockbird April 30th 2012, 10:28 pm

I'm currently just running on little stage on my motor, but when bischoff had it he was spraying four stages. Other than the fact he was doing it I don't know much about how it was setup then. We were just able to run 4.42 @ 158 and there should be more in it once we get the converter and tune up right. We're currently only spraying a 28 nitrous jet And it's in a car weighin 2470

86bigblockbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down