BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads

4 posters

Go down

Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads Empty Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads

Post  IDTJay April 26th 2012, 9:20 am

As most of you know, we cast/machine our own A style cylinder head. In the next month we will be setting up the tooling to cast additional cylinder heads. During this time period it can be easy to make changes (rub or remove cores) to the castings. In the past; we have cast heads without water jackets, without ports and rubbed ports cores to make them smaller. If anyone is interested in having some special heads made, please let me know. Thanks.

IDTJay

http://www.idtracing.com (soon to be launched)

Back to top Go down

Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads Empty Re: Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads

Post  dfree383 April 27th 2012, 12:24 am

What's the rules?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads Empty Re: Different Topic/Offer - Casting New Cylinder Heads

Post  IDTJay April 27th 2012, 10:07 am

I'm not sure in the question. If there is an added cost it would be based on the additional weight or machining content and the time involved to back the change (ie change port core). All would be agreed upon before prior to pouring.

IDTJay

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 27th 2012, 11:44 am

Guess I should have been clearer.

What's available? What the limit of changes?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDTJay April 27th 2012, 11:58 am

Pretty much everything could be available but would need to be worked out ahead of time. One thing I did forget, we keep all special orders confidential.

IDTJay

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 27th 2012, 12:56 pm

Jay,

Do you know who has the tooling for the old E-460 Pro Stock head? BuddyBar? or ?

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Injected65 April 27th 2012, 2:22 pm

Charlie,

If you need, I have a few E-460 castings as well as small port E-460 heads for sale. I can send you a list if you are interested in them (shoot me an email at chris@innovatorswest.com).

Thanks,
Chris
Injected65
Injected65

http://www.innovatorswest.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 27th 2012, 2:28 pm

Yes sir, done deal.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down