BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale

+2
c.evans
Kevin93
6 posters

Go down

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale Empty 653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale

Post  Kevin93 May 5th 2012, 12:08 am

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale. Engine consists of a Premier Eliminator block which has been extensively CNC lightened by approx. 70 lbs. by LSM Engineering, Scat 4.75" billet crankshaft, GRP Pro Mod rods, CP flat top nitrous pistons with Total Seal nitrous rings. & .990 x .200 DLC coated piston pins. The CR on this engine is approx 14:1. Lifters are Crower.904 Hippo sever duty lifters. The short block including the lifters have approx. (50) 1/8 mile passes on them from being new. The oil pump is a Peterson external wet-vac pump. The oil pan is a Moroso set up for a fox body Mustang. The balancer is an ATI with a MSC crank trigger with a Danny Bee belt drive with a Jesel crank trigger distributor. The camshaft is a Bullet Racing roller 60mm cam with 1 & 8 swap designed by Tony Bishoff. Block has 60mm roller cam bearings. The push rods are Manton. The top end consists of Blue Thunder Thor Gen 1 heads CNC ported. Heads were purchased new from C&C Motorsports & have approx. (100) 1/8 miles(2 Seasons) total passes on them. Heads have all titanium valves, with LSM roller springs, with titanium retainers & keepers with T&D shaft mounted rockers. The heads were freshened & updated by Darin Morgan with approx (50) 1/8 mile passes since freshening. The valve covers are fabricated Moroso. The intake is a Blue Thunder single four, extensively ported & has (2) Induction Solutions foggers plumbed into it. The carb is a Pro Systems 1600 CFM nitrous. Engine has an electric CSI type water pump. Engine is being sold complete pan to carb with all braided hoses, etc. included plus any spares I have. Price $25,000.00 I am located in Southern Indiana close to Louisville, KY. Please serious inquiries only!! Contact Kevin Rowe at 812-969-3119 5:00pm - 10:00pm EST. Thanks!

Kevin93

Back to top Go down

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale Empty Re: 653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale

Post  c.evans May 7th 2012, 10:55 pm

Bump for a good engine. Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale Empty Re: 653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale

Post  DNETT1727 May 10th 2012, 9:32 pm

SO WHAT KIND OF HP IS IT PUTTING OUT
DNETT1727
DNETT1727

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin93 May 11th 2012, 7:37 am

We have never dynoed the engine in the configuration it is now. Since it set up for nitrous with a nitrous cam, we are giving up some horsepower just on engine, but I would think we would be in the 1150ish area just on engine. The engine should make approx. 1700 - 1800 on nitrous. If the engine was reconfigured strictly for naturally aspirated with a single four, then I would think you should have no problem getting over 1200 out of it. Of course if you took the single four off of it & put a tunnel ram with (2) fours on it & had it strictly reconfigured for naturally aspirated, then I believe you would be getting in the area of the upper 1200s if not a little more. I am not an engine HP expert, just guessamating based on examples of Thor headed engines that are out in the field with dyno results. Of course not all dynos are the same. Some dynos can be happy. Anyway I hope this answers your questions. I believe if you talk to some of the other guys on here that know more about HP than I do, I think they will give you HP figures in the approximate area that I have given you. Thanks for your interest and have a great day!

Kevin93

Back to top Go down

653 CI Blue Thunder Thor headed nitrous engine for sale Empty BBF

Post  KEVIN S June 6th 2012, 11:25 am

I wish I could have found this before I started my deal. This is going to be a very nice setup for someone. TTT for a great setup and seller. KS.

KEVIN S

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction June 7th 2012, 7:43 am

Yeah this sounds like a good deal to me..wish I had 25 k...lol
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  studly June 7th 2012, 10:15 am

Man i would love to have this Motor in my Fox body mustang on true 10.5s Good Luck with sale
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down