BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ?

+2
jcoxracing
nuclearcobra
6 posters

Go down

Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ? Empty Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ?

Post  nuclearcobra May 5th 2012, 9:16 am

I know the form says a MD or DO only but i have been told a CFNP can also do it , which isn't like an RN or LPN or PA its a certified family nurse practitioner and they can open there own practice, any input on this would be great.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ? Empty Re: Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ?

Post  jcoxracing May 5th 2012, 9:54 am

I doubt you could have a nurse practitioner sign off on your physical. Here in IL they can only work under a MD's or DO's supervision. I just went down to the local Doc in a box (priority care) and got a physical by a MD for $20.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ? Empty Re: Who can sign off on a NHRA physical ?

Post  richter69 May 5th 2012, 10:43 am

getting a physical signed off is easier for a jet pilot than a NHRA racer, been there done that go see the real doc and pay the money
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 5th 2012, 10:53 am

Well at least they said they would refund my 60 bucks if they won't take it ,i only went there yesterday because it was a walk in place and my doc couldn't get me in untill tuesday,heck he's only 75 bucks.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 5th 2012, 1:00 pm

I just go to my normal Dr. Every two years I just have him do it during my regular check up, it no big deal, and I'm diabetic so I have to have labs done very 6 months anyway, so the NHRA deal is really just a matter of him filling it out, it doesn't cost me any extra because my insurance picks up the regular visit and labs anyway.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole May 5th 2012, 5:18 pm

My daughter is a CRNP (nurse practioner)
Just asked her. She has never been asked to do a drag racing license physical, but she does do DOT physicals for truck drivers. Not sure, but seems
it would be similar for the NHRA.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  Bsherry May 7th 2012, 2:03 am

What they want to see is the "license number" of the doctor. My last physical was done by a physicians assistant but the doctor reviewed and signed with his license number. If you don't have a license number on the form my guess is it will be returned with a cover letter asking you to add the number.

Bruce
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 7th 2012, 9:40 am

I emailed bob Lang division 1 director and he said md or do only like the form states
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down