BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pound Pull

Go down

Pound Pull Empty Pound Pull

Post  TRUKPULR June 24th 2012, 12:21 pm

Pull at Pound WI.
OK I went to Pound with high expectation of ShaZam finally getting vindication of the poor showing in Oconto WI. But as it turned out it was a replay so to say.
In Super Stock I was the 3 puller Derek was first puller in both classes tonight. When Derek hooked to the sled he wound his little 488 up and dumped the clutch and took the sled to a 345' ride, where the sled operator then reset the sled by dropping his Grosser bars down another 2" so they where sticking out a good 6" under the pad, and next up was Ed McClain with Ed being the 1st puller now he pulled the sled 260' and turned his pull down, Next up was Boyd Meyers he's still got a work in progress with his truck he pulled the sled 138.11' ,
So it's ShaZam's turn We get hooked to the sled and get into my pulling mode make sure all switches are on and find the groove in the track. Problem there is no groove. I'm the groovier after the 260 mark, But I got out of the hole and gave ShaZam a Mit full of throttle and the r's hit 8300 like I wasn't pulling anything, So I backed out a little and tried it again and then it seem to hook the tires but every time I tried to gave ShaZam more throttle she'd break the tires loose again and I could feel the grosser bars digging into the track and it felt like an anchor was thrown out behind me, ShaZam was stopped at the 294.56' mark and I had a track speed of 20.3 mph but I had a wheel speed of 31.25 @ 8000 rpm's Oh well on the trailer I go and change tires for the Mod class.
Next up was Tommy Scheffen and He hooked to the track a lot better then I did he pulled the sled 329.04' ,
Next up was Bruce Wagner and as he was coming off the line Bad to the bone sounded like he hooked up at the 100' mark but as He crossed the 200' mark I could see he was having the same problem I was with keeping his tires hooked to the track and he was stopped at the 309.73' mark.
Next up was Jake Luther with Mean Streek and I'll say they hit there gearing right with a pull of 314.02'
Steve Swanson was up next and Steve pulled the sled 316.25',
so now Derek was up again and this time he drove the truck just like he did the first time Wind it up dump the clutch and hang on, but this time as he got down to the big end of the track his little 488 bent down and dug for all it was worth almost snubbing it out but pulled the sled 322.55' putting him into 2nd place for the day,
and last up was Ed where he took a new lane on the track and was stopped at the 269.67' mark.

Rules for sleds with Grosser bars Stay in the groove the ground is already worked up in the groove.

So I was the 2nd puller in Mod tonight with Derek in front of me. Derek said he had enough fuel in his tank to make a second run so he was planning on turning down his pull and coming back at the end of the class.
So he hooked to the sled and gave it and honest pull and landed at the 280' mark Turned it down
and Now ShaZam had to go plow the fields again, So I got hooked up it was the same as Super Stock, Come out of the hole and the tach zinged up to 8200 got out of it and tried to feed the throttle a little easier and I felt the pan start to dig in and ShaZam did her best on trying to maintain track speed but it was a down hill battle and I was stopped at the 304.77' mark with a track speed of 21.2 mph. So loaded up ShaZam and lets have a beer and watch the other boys have some fun.
Next up was Boyd and he pulled the sled 122.46'
next up was Ed and he pulled the sled 274.59'
Then next up was Mean Streek and he pulled the sled 337.51'
next up was Bruce and he pulled the sled 320.24'
Craig was up next and Cold Ethel has a good sounding run but fell to the over powering the sled and stopped at the 312.88' Steve was up next and his truck was stopped at the 283.51' mark
and last truck of the day was Derek where he geared down for this pull and ended up pulling the sled to the 281.41' mark.
Pull was over at 8:30 p.m.

So with this pull over We got all chained down and stuff put away and waited for the fire works to start @ 10:00 p.m.

Fire works where great best 40 minutes I've ever watched. Back Home posting the results for the NEW tractors at 11:30 p.m. I tried doing it at Pound but I couldn't get a good internet connection.

OK this Saturday we'll be in Maribel WI 3 p.m. hope to see ya there.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down