BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drew marine race engine info

3 posters

Go down

drew marine race engine info Empty drew marine race engine info

Post  460flareside August 6th 2012, 8:59 pm

ok, so i need some help. i've found a 429/460 marine engine from a jet boat, it has a chrome (polished) weiand tunnel ram with dual holleys, m/t valve covers and chrome basset headers. its complete in excellent shape (like new). there is a tag on one of the valve covers that says:
```ULTRA````
DREW PERFORMANCE ENGINES
COMPETITION PROVEN

if you know anything about this engine let me know, I've got the chance to pick one up for pretty cheap, and am wondering if its worth picking up. i know quite a bit about the 385 engines, just not about the marine versions, i cant get the casting numbers right now as the engine is a few hours away from me. any and all help appreciated

460flareside

Back to top Go down

drew marine race engine info Empty Re: drew marine race engine info

Post  DanH August 6th 2012, 10:18 pm

460flareside wrote:ok, so i need some help. i've found a 429/460 marine engine from a jet boat, it has a chrome (polished) weiand tunnel ram with dual holleys, m/t valve covers and chrome basset headers. its complete in excellent shape (like new). there is a tag on one of the valve covers that says:
```ULTRA````
DREW PERFORMANCE ENGINES
COMPETITION PROVEN

if you know anything about this engine let me know, I've got the chance to pick one up for pretty cheap, and am wondering if its worth picking up. i know quite a bit about the 385 engines, just not about the marine versions, i cant get the casting numbers right now as the engine is a few hours away from me. any and all help appreciated

you know quite a bit about 385's .

the engine could be made up of any parts combo . thet means the builder knows

DanH

Back to top Go down

drew marine race engine info Empty Drew Marine

Post  CP598 August 12th 2012, 8:56 pm

I am aware of Drew Marine. He is located in Spokane WA. He was building 540 inch stroker engines many, many years ago based on off set ground cast cranks and 240 six cylinder rods.
CP598
CP598

Back to top Go down

drew marine race engine info Empty Re: drew marine race engine info

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down