BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers

3 posters

Go down

does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers  Empty does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers

Post  B & j CLASSIC CARS September 25th 2012, 10:22 pm

i recently post an article regarding headers that could be used that would not require cutting or messaging the stock shock towers while installing a 460 engine in a 70 mustang. i got several responses that were helpful but the problem is going to lie with the stock shocktowers. does anyone know if the "boss 429" shock towers were recessed to accomodate a very wide engine or does anyone manufacturer the recessed versions of the shock towers? my customer instists that i find a way to use the stock manifolds on this engine if at all possible. i know i can cut and reweld the towers to fix the problem but that in itself is a big problem.. any suggestions will be considers and responded to...thanks bj

B & j CLASSIC CARS

http://none at this time..use yahoo mail account....bjclassiccar

Back to top Go down

does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers  Empty Re: does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers

Post  Mike R September 25th 2012, 11:52 pm

You can try this guy , it's an expired ebay add but it has a phone number http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-BOSS-429-Shock-Tower-Kit-with-Export-Brace-/230662853495?nma=true&si=Xi3odjRlezfIRxWrZxFt6%2F6TrRY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Mike R

Back to top Go down

does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers  Empty shock tower replacement

Post  manofmerc September 26th 2012, 7:19 am

On my 67 comet I cut mine back and replaced them with a flat piece of 1/8 steel .I had to bend the 1/8 to comform to the curved areas but it wasnt such a big deal.If I remember correctly It took me 20- 30 hours and that includes grinding and cleanup paint .It isnt such a big job although I am a welder by trade .I think crites restorations has a shock tower kit also .Your customer really would benifit from a set of headers though .Doug Very Happy

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers  Empty Re: does anyone manufacture recessed shock towers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down