BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new pb tonight...... **vids added**

+18
Race Ready Fabrications
Barney
ultimatelenny
69F100
DILLIGASDAVE
Moodyblues
56Tbird
KY JELLY
billandlori
c.evans
bigblok2000ranger
cool40
psfracer
knrclark
bruno
NOS42
dfree383
richter69
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

new pb tonight...... **vids added** Empty new pb tonight...... **vids added**

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 3:17 am

been sicker than a dog, 58 for a high today, cloudy and windy......... load up and lets go racin..........,

ended up being #2 qualifier in a sea of blown chassis cars, track to cold for um i guess, my junk seems to like it to well......first pass was low and smooth..... had some tire shake in high gear 5.15 @134.28 next pass I put the spurs to it, went straght to the bumper,,,,,, thank god mt oil pan is already "clearanced" lol. next pass i softned it up but the air just gets better and it does the moonshot deal again and i pedal it yo a 37, next is the semi's, I pull a blown vega, i got it really turned down at the hit, His .337 light to my .057, g damn car pulls the same shit but im in the money, so i do my best to grt it down through there, no dice....i need to look it over real good I swear i heard it scrape the wall, he goes for the win w a 5.12.............bad as i hate to say it there might be bars put back on it..........it leaves smooth but when the progressive goes full tilt it goes to the sky.....glad the wife didnt go she would have had a stroke 4 times lol. No outside vids as it was just me and my brother........i had a gopro on in the car every pass so that should be interesting to see.

I got my HeRo timeslip, same jetting in this plate as the last 2 outings, I made some air bleed changes in the carb and that and the killer air made the diff........im not sure ith the wheelie problem fixed it mighta went a ten flat or an 09.......... be my last outing withnit this year, there is a grudge race in a month plus Im getting a smallblock iron head plate class going and i want to focus my attention to our smallblock car, I feel the need to scrape the rear bumper cover off of it now lol.

first pass, 5.15, looking now it was far from perfect....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVD249R9nqw

outlaw 1st rd....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEucpBmQVfo

semi round.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-j8Pen7NZM

Last edited by richter69 on October 8th 2012, 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

new pb tonight...... **vids added** Empty Re: new pb tonight...... **vids added**

Post  dfree383 October 6th 2012, 3:27 am

Congrats...... and don't be scared of the sissy sticks.... they might just keep you off the wall or from damaging your car.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

new pb tonight...... **vids added** Empty Re: new pb tonight...... **vids added**

Post  NOS42 October 6th 2012, 6:02 am

nice passes, time to give Mr Davis a call....keep the sticks hanging in the garage, they make nice garage art
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 6th 2012, 9:21 am

NOS42 wrote:nice passes, time to give Mr Davis a call....keep the sticks hanging in the garage, they make nice garage art

x2 .......

nice passes Jon !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

new pb tonight...... **vids added** Empty Nice

Post  knrclark October 6th 2012, 10:10 am

Nice runs Jon!
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 11:18 am

yeah I need to put a weight box on the nose and play w the gear retard in the 7531 in conjunction with the progressive, hell it needs some real struts on the front too, even tied down a good bit the travel it has is too loose. They didnteven run the finals last night it was so cold the two just split the money.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer October 6th 2012, 11:49 am

Wow that is awesome. I want to see some go pro vids!
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 12:48 pm

Ill upload um monday at work, my pc is too old and slow to do it lol. the last run should be real inreresting.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 6th 2012, 3:36 pm

Basketball Put the bars on!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 3:51 pm

on second thought Im gonna make a front strut swap, add a bar in the front where i can stack some weight, will take it and the sbf car to the nov 3rd grudge race........

Where's that red falcon at???? consider this a callout Ted, go do the track rental this week and git yo shit lined out so we can square off............ Wink

no bars, I got anlot of tuning left to do I see........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger October 6th 2012, 6:43 pm

Congrats! Good job getting after it!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 6th 2012, 7:31 pm

Congratulations Fabio Exclamation Laughing

Nothing like being an "overachiever". Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 7:40 pm

must be the ti intake valves lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 6th 2012, 9:54 pm

richter69 wrote:must be the ti intake valves lol
green oil....... Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori October 6th 2012, 10:11 pm

Nice runs Jon!! Sounds like that flat black sled is giving the purdy cars fits!!!

If you can get the chassis to take the power off the jump, you could be turning some hot numbers!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 6th 2012, 10:18 pm

Thanks guys, its cool to go up against some serious iron with my homebuilt stuff.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 7th 2012, 8:13 am

Fine job there mr fabio Smile
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 7th 2012, 11:09 am

richter69 wrote:on second thought Im gonna make a front strut swap, add a bar in the front where i can stack some weight, will take it and the sbf car to the nov 3rd grudge race........

Where's that red falcon at???? consider this a callout Ted, go do the track rental this week and git yo shit lined out so we can square off............ Wink

anymore tuning and you'll turn that car wrong side out..Super passes ,I guess we gotta give the hErO status back to you now!!! Lee wash the Cape!! Laughing king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 7th 2012, 11:29 am

56Tbird wrote:
richter69 wrote:on second thought Im gonna make a front strut swap, add a bar in the front where i can stack some weight, will take it and the sbf car to the nov 3rd grudge race........

anymore tuning and you'll turn that car wrong side out..Super passes ,I guess we gotta give the hErO status back to you now!!! Lee wash the Cape!! Laughing king
hell no! I earned it so he'll have to come get it! Twisted Evil
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 7th 2012, 11:30 am

one thing that sucks is the clocks were screwd in both lanes and only giving reaction time, 1/8th time and mph....... I'm positive it went in the teens on 60' but have no proof to back it up lol.

I looked at the 7531 logger from the last run I peddled it 4 times......... oh well

track will be set on kill for nov 3rd, the new managers at the track take over next week, I'll make some small changes and see what happens, Ill get someone to drag my 81 down there for me too.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 7th 2012, 4:26 pm

Jon do you think putting the weight on the nose would be better then in the center down low on your deal ? i would just think the further back it goes the more you would be able to get after the progressive

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 7th 2012, 5:48 pm

i think the struts are hurting me more than anything right now, even with 2" of travel they are way loose........ these are a passenger car type cartridge that i drained and put wd40 in lol, Ill get another set and leave um as they are like a 60/40........ when it slammed down on the 2nd pass it bent the strut mounts up again and thus made the travel limiters longer. I just need to keep the nose down until the power comes in hard, I'll also add a bar up in front so I can add weight in 2.5# increments as needed.

Cars got a lot of damn power lol, its still a hint fat but Im real close. I put the autolite plugs back in except for one hole had an ngk, got a read, looked good, stuck an al back in that hole and never had the hood off again all night.......Im damn glad I hooked the block heaters back up.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues October 7th 2012, 7:25 pm

Sounds like a wild ride Jon.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 7th 2012, 7:38 pm

Usually when adding weight to the front half of a car to calm a wheelstand, the farther forward the weight is placed the less actual weight it takes to get the same job done. So 5lbs on the front bumper might have a similar effect helping to lower a wheelstand as 10-15lbs placed around the engine/firewall area, or 15-20lbs at the trans crossmember area does. The downside of adding weight way out on the nose vs adding weight around the engine/trans area is it might be a little harder to recover if some excessive spin/shake happens.

The problem with OEM/replacement nitrogen charged passenger car struts for the average drag/bracket car is they are usually valved the wrong direction for this general application (overly tight on extension & real loose on compression). The nitrogen charge helps the extension motion a little, but once the nitrogen charge is gone (old or leaking struts) it fuuks with how the valve assembly works. On a faster car that wheelstands, the backward valving of the OEM struts can be a pain in the ass since the looser compression valving offers little resistance when the nose comes crashing back down.

Jon, can you remove the WD40 from the struts (that thin ass shit might have already dried up anyway) and replace it with something thicker like hyd oil or engine oil? Also is it possible to add a little more air pressure to hopefully increase wheel speed a little (to help lower the nose) without hurting traction down track?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 7th 2012, 7:45 pm

Congrats on your PB now it is time to move the bar up alittle more Laughing but get the turd hooking right and running straight before you try to reset your record you don't need a bent up FLAT BLACK TURD Evil or Very Mad
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next