BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE pick my build apart. I have broad shoulders

+2
dfree383
Imtruckinup
6 posters

Go down

PLEASE pick my build apart.   I have broad shoulders  Empty PLEASE pick my build apart. I have broad shoulders

Post  Imtruckinup October 11th 2012, 7:12 am

Alrite fellas. 1993 ford f350 weight 5500 5 speed 37in tires 4.10 rear. 70% street 30% mud drags and puller. Here's my build so far Honest opinions respected and recommendations / changes to build welcome. 521ci. 4.3 scat cast crank .003 main. Scat 6.8 h rod upgrade rod bolts .002 rod bearings. 4.39 probe forged kaase dish piston file fit rings .002 top .003 bottom zero decked block kaase oil pump moral 8 quart pan. All arp bolts on the bottom . 10.5:1 static compression 8.8:1 dynamic if I'm correct.........OPINION ON THE FOLLOWING PLEASE Top end I have p-51 heads polished intake and exhaust ports no port job. 238/248 at 50 .597 IN and .611 EX ground on a 112 custom comp cam hydro roller cam comp full roller rockers once again all arp bolts and studs. I'm in the air about the following. What intake. I'm thinking air gap and 830 ss QFT carb. Highest carb with a choke I live in md so ill need it. I know the heads are overkill for this set up but I may want to grow in the future. My questions are..... I only want to spin 6000rpm peak power around 5500. Two people told me the cams to small for the rpm and the head. Rpm I say its not to small the heads I said it medocure P51 flow a lot and that cam will not tap into its FULL potential ... I know this. Also 8021 stealth airgap or victor. They all would be 4150. I'll have to get custom headers built. If you guys could. Please input on size tubing. Please be blunt with with my build I have broad shoulders. I'm tryin to hit 6-650 hp and same with torqe. Can I do it with this build

Imtruckinup

Back to top Go down

PLEASE pick my build apart.   I have broad shoulders  Empty Re: PLEASE pick my build apart. I have broad shoulders

Post  dfree383 October 11th 2012, 8:14 am

I'd use a Weiand CJ stealth and 2" headers.

1 7/8 headers would be OK too. You should be ablet to find some shelf headers and not need to get them custom made.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

PLEASE pick my build apart.   I have broad shoulders  Empty Re: PLEASE pick my build apart. I have broad shoulders

Post  Imtruckinup October 11th 2012, 8:56 am

Thanks for the info. The reason I say custom is because to my knowledge and I've don't a bit of research they do not make fenderwell headers for my truck. I'm exzept from emission so I'd like to keep my exhaust on the outside of my frame No cats but mufflers and electric cut outs so I can be a rebel when I want Smile was thinking about 2in primary's and 3.5in full length to try and keep some of the tourqe up..... Next I also hear a lot of people bashing the stealth 8021. But I also hear as long you have the CI and cam duration matched with a 950 carb really wakes the intake up. But I NEED a choke I live in Maryland and it can get cold. I'd like to runQFT carb but the biggest they have with choke is 830 ss. Anybody know if there are bigger carbs with choke

Imtruckinup

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 11th 2012, 1:06 pm

Quick Fuel offers an SS850 with a choke.
The cfm numbers show 850 because of the choke horn and hardware -- the venturi and throttle bores are the same size as a 1,000 cfm carb with a molded air entry.

Quick Fuel #SSR-8562

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 11th 2012, 1:42 pm

Have you looked at Maddog headers? I think he has some for that truck.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  4604X4 October 11th 2012, 2:02 pm

Imtruckinup wrote: I'm exzept from emission so
Are you sure you're exempt? I ask because I'm in Florida and even though we don't have vehicle (emmissions) inspection down here, technically we must still be in compliance with Federal emmissions requirements (for the model year of the vehicle).
In the spirit of full disclosure, my truck (1982) doesn't have much remaining in the way of emmission devices either - but I'm told any Police or DOT official can pull you over and do a Federal emssisions compliance inspection at any time. Supposedly you can get a big fine if items are missing or non-functional.
Enough of that - now go have some fun.
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  Imtruckinup October 11th 2012, 2:20 pm

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I believe you name is randy. I hear good things about you on the 460 forums. Did not know the 850 is a 1000 in disguse Learn something new every day. Have you every flow tested the quik fuel? And I have not looked into the mad dogs. I'll do that this afternoon. Even if they don't I kinda want to take on the custom header challenge. I can tig and have a machine. Lets see if I have the patience scratch As far as emissions go I have farm tags on my truck as I live on a farm in the state of Maryland LEGALLY the only thing I'm required to run is mufflers as I will do that. But they will dump at mid truck. And the cutouts are just when I want to play in the mud or at a pull. Does anybody have any in put on a intake

Imtruckinup

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 13th 2012, 10:21 am

Sounds as if you have a nice engine in the works, although your efficiency may be an issue with only 30% "play time". A bit more compression would be nice although for everyday driving and using reasonably priced pump gas your in the ballpark. Keep the transmission and the ring and pinion you'll be OK.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  4604X4 October 13th 2012, 12:55 pm

Imtruckinup wrote:I'm thinking air gap and 830 ss QFT carb. Highest carb with a choke I live in md so ill need it.

BTW - Holley has the Street Avenger 870cfm with elec choke (and vac secondaries).
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  Imtruckinup October 13th 2012, 2:31 pm

Thanks for the info 460. I've heard real good things about QFT. LOL and they look awesome Hey Livermore when you say still with tranny and gears. Are you referring to as they will hold up to the power.zf-5 tranny Rolling Eyes (Not thinking it will) or as in keep it 5 speed. I love 5 speed and its staying. And when you say efficienty issues can you explain. I will run 93 nothing lower

Imtruckinup

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave October 13th 2012, 10:07 pm

Imtruckinup wrote:Hey Livermore when you say still with tranny and gears. Are you referring to as they will hold up to the power.zf-5 tranny Rolling Eyes (Not thinking it will) or as in keep it 5 speed. I love 5 speed and its staying. And when you say efficienty issues can you explain

I'm saying a standard shift with that many forward gear selections will allow you keep the engine in it's power band. As for the ZF5's durability, I haven't a clue! Efficiency, your component selection relative to the application will not be efficient during everyday driving.

Simply, an opinion!
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Imtruckinup October 13th 2012, 10:16 pm

Well as far as gas goes. I know what I was getting into when I first bought the truck a couple years ago. Ppl laugh when I tell them I got 9 mpg highway and that's fine I love my truck. I don't think it can get much worse than that. Haha I may pick up a 1 or 2 mpg cheers

Imtruckinup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down