BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokey Pony is on life support

+26
TravisRice
Wes Littrell
capri-sun
Wheelie58
jasonf
stangr8cr
DILLIGASDAVE
512Fairlane
psfracer
70FB
56Tbird
GTmustang
yellowhorse7
bbf-falcon
cool40
61coon
69F100
bruno
KY JELLY
dfree383
maverick
David Cole
bigblok2000ranger
bigblockfox468
richter69
dr's wife racing
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Pokey Pony is on life support - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pokey Pony is on life support

Post  512Fairlane November 6th 2012, 12:37 am

Man sorry to hear that. Glad you are OK.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

The Pokey Pony is on life support - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pokey Pony is on life support

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 6th 2012, 5:40 am

Man that sucks, glad you're OK.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr November 6th 2012, 8:55 am

Sorry to hear this Ward, glad you're not banged up though.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 6th 2012, 1:51 pm

Thanks for all the support.I'll know more about what I will need tonight when they look at the frame.I wolud like to fix it but cost will be the major factor tht decides wheather to fix it or try to replace it.I'll try to get some photos up.I like the idea of updating the 64 1/2 but it was put togather to be a fun cheap car to play with.It is that and is a deadly bracket car.It has run as good as 6.24 and runs all night on 2 1/2 gallons of wal mart gas.My plan for it is to add a timing retard and plate system so it will run 6.0 h/u It should do that with no issue.It is agood lod car but it does not fit the grudge scene.It would also take alot of work to make me feel safe in it as low 5 sec car.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 6th 2012, 3:33 pm

Ward,did you have the sfi padding in your cage as per NHRA rules?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 6th 2012, 9:47 pm

Damn that totally sucks Ward. I'm just glad you were ok.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 November 7th 2012, 1:08 am

Good to hear that you came out OK. That was a hard hit.
Good safety gear and a well constructed car had to help.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get back on the track.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

The Pokey Pony is on life support - Page 2 Empty CONDITION UPDATE

Post  dr's wife racing November 7th 2012, 1:08 pm

They came and looked at the car last night.Most of the frame damage is limited to in front of the shock towers and the shocktower it's self.Plan is to fix the car.The frame rails will be cut at the motor plate or shock tower depending on how it pulls.Rails will be capped everything from there forward will replaced with round tubing.It will basicly be a lift off front end set up.The entire rocker assembly will cut out and replaced. Both front fenders,noise piece hood and passenger door will be replaced.It also needs a windshield ansd quarter glass on passenger side..Suspension will need A arms struts K member and rack.Both motor plates are bent beyond repair .3 of the four wheels are bent.
I have already bought a doner car for sheet metal and rocker panel.I had all tublar suspension stuff under it and plan to go back the same way.
Jon,Since it is going to be tublar front I'm pretty sure I can work with almost any standard size radiator.
If any of you have any parts new or used that you are not useing and would like to sell of let me know. I'm not asking for anything free but good deals would be appriciated, it is going to be a long way back to the track. Thanks Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 November 7th 2012, 2:03 pm

Ward,
I have a good used Griffin radiator and can make whatever you need for motor plate and mid plate.
I will PM with more detail...
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  capri-sun November 7th 2012, 9:52 pm

sorry to hear bout the car ,, glad to heat that you are ok ,, that really sux
capri-sun
capri-sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell November 9th 2012, 5:29 pm

Just read this. Sorry to hear about your car just glad your ok.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice November 9th 2012, 11:49 pm

Sorry to see this Ward as I haven't been on here in a while. If I still had that Boss 302 car I would have gave it to you. Make a list and post it here. If I have something I'll donate to the cause.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior November 11th 2012, 4:57 pm

Ward,

What size front wheels and how many lugs ??
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield November 11th 2012, 6:58 pm

Sorry about the wreck good to see you are ok. hope all goes well with the new build,
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney November 12th 2012, 1:35 pm

Sorry to hear Ward glad your OK.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports November 12th 2012, 3:39 pm

Glad to hear your ok!!

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 12th 2012, 3:55 pm

I plan on pulling the motor today or tomorrw.Things I need for sure right now are tublar k member,and a arms act only one a arm is hurt ,manual rack,a radiator and front and mid plate.I bought a doner car to replace the front clip and rocker.I have a set of wheels on the way form a friend on the board @ his request I won't mention his name.It bent both rear wheels I had 10 inch wheels with 6 1/2 OR 7 INCH back spaceing could also go with a 12 inch with similar back spacing .The car has mini tubs,rearend is narrowed 1 1/2 inchs per side and the frame is notched so it is not real spacific.
I don't expect charity but if anyone has any thing laying around that might fit the bill a good deal would be helpfull. Stuff don't have to be new or look new just in good useable condition. I would be greatfull for any help Thanks Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 12th 2012, 3:56 pm

TravisRice wrote:Sorry to see this Ward as I haven't been on here in a while. If I still had that Boss 302 car I would have gave it to you. Make a list and post it here. If I have something I'll donate to the cause.

Travis
I wanted that car was just a bad time for me to buy anything when you sold it. You need to hang around more often Travis.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 12th 2012, 7:31 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
TravisRice wrote:Sorry to see this Ward as I haven't been on here in a while. If I still had that Boss 302 car I would have gave it to you. Make a list and post it here. If I have something I'll donate to the cause.

Travis
I wanted that car was just a bad time for me to buy anything when you sold it. You need to hang around more often Travis.
what size motor plate Ward?i have a short one that may work for a fox....
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 12th 2012, 8:22 pm

I got it most of the way out this afternoon.Ill get some measurements tomorrow.Thanks Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 12th 2012, 9:23 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:

Travis

That's a big X2, we miss ya Travis. You bring a lot to the board buddy. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 13th 2012, 9:02 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I got it most of the way out this afternoon.Ill get some measurements tomorrow.Thanks Ward
this plate is only 27"wide Question if it'll work its yours... Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The Pokey Pony is on life support - Page 2 Empty Cause or wreck found

Post  dr's wife racing November 14th 2012, 1:05 pm

I am 99% sure of the cause of my wreck now.Last night I finished pulling the motor out.Most of the front of the car is cut away now so it came out complete but the oil filter was in danger of getting broke.I removed it and the oil has a lot of water in it.I now think it was nothing more than compression in the cooling system.Maybe it blew the rad.or a hose off. The top hose was off but I didn't think much of it because the rad. was moved a foot to the left and mangled.The tank is seperated bt it is crushed. In some ways it is a relief that I found this.I can accept it better in mind that way. Now it's off to see what damage is done to the motor.Hopefully just a head gasket.It did crank and run fine after the wreck.That is why I did not suspect it was hurt.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing November 14th 2012, 1:07 pm

cool40 wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:I got it most of the way out this afternoon.Ill get some measurements tomorrow.Thanks Ward
this plate is only 27"wide Question if it'll work its yours... Smile
I got involved in pulling and inspecting the motor last night and forgot to measure it.Will try to rember to do it after work tonight . Thanks Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 14th 2012, 8:13 pm

Do a leakdown on it before you pull the heads,makes it easy to find the problem. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2