BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ??

+8
whatbumper
LivermoreDave
TRUKPULR
dfree383
chuck
richter69
cool40
5pointslow
12 posters

Go down

rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ?? Empty rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ??

Post  5pointslow December 31st 2012, 12:30 am

cars should be a mid 9 sec car give or take .........looking at the champion wheels , they make a single beadlock and a double

#1 was gonna get there single due to the price being pretty good $450 15x10 im using a 28x10.5 stiff tire

#2 option get regular rims and just screw the beads like a weld magnum ect ....

I did read guys having trouble with single beadlocks on outer and screw ing insides ......they stated the wheel sidewall loads differently and causes tire shake ?
or in other words double locks or screws they put it . THIS was a google search lol

any advice guys on this would be appreciated cheers
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ?? Empty Re: rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ??

Post  cool40 December 31st 2012, 12:42 am

i never had any problems with screws. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ?? Empty Re: rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ??

Post  richter69 December 31st 2012, 12:46 am

unless your using a real wide rim and a narrow tire use the screws.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck December 31st 2012, 1:21 am

Beadlocks will add rotating wieght. Unless you are going with 12" wheels I think the screw wouldbe better.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 31st 2012, 1:27 am

screw them...... your not at a level to need bead locks, they aren't worth the extra expense and added weight.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 31st 2012, 9:06 am

I missed the tire and rim size, I run the same combo...... screws for sure unless you just want the bling and to slow the thing down to the added weight.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 31st 2012, 10:46 am

thats what im thinking ....

I havnt made up my mind up on the rims yet .......i dont want a draglite wheel ,i want more of a true race wheel . I have been looking at

weld magnums ,weld alumastars,champion wheels ,Bogart
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR December 31st 2012, 11:00 am

Check out http://www.realwheel.net/

Dan

TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave December 31st 2012, 1:02 pm

IF, and I do say IF, your hot rod needs bead locks, dual bead locks are best. A few things to keep in mind however about bead lock rims. One, the cost. Two, is your ride in need of stability at high speed? Three, the additional investment in tires. A bead lock rim will require a tire intended for use with a bead lock rim. A standard sidewall (non-bead lock rim) will not survive the additional load exerted on the sidewall by a bead lock rim. Have you thought about a radial rear tire?

Just a few thoughts,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 31st 2012, 1:15 pm

yeah i know all the radial hype , but doing index racing ....i wanna get down the track everytime, seems the radial for heads up classes are the thing
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 31st 2012, 1:51 pm

just used that 28 x 10.5s on a 10" w screws, it wil be fine....... same thing on my sb car it run 5.90's w 1.30 60' ....... plan on hitting it a lot harder w the same tire and wheel combo.... many have been a lot faster with the same setup and no issues.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 31st 2012, 2:17 pm

Check out Sander engineering wheels too. As far as bead locks, run what ever you want. We've run glue, screws, singles with screws and doubles on the same car with the same tire and didn't see any tire longitivity, et, or mph differences at all. I know some do but we didn't.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 31st 2012, 5:35 pm

SCREW that Cool

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 31st 2012, 6:14 pm

hell didnt pro stock run screws for the longest time ??
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole December 31st 2012, 10:20 pm

I'll be the odd man out here. I had single beadlocks on my first dragster. Undercover slipjoint. Wheels where Holeshot. Loved em. Good even wrinkle. Worked well. The wheels were light enough that the single beadlock didn't seem to hurt weight wise. I had them for six years until I sold the car. I could change tires by hand in 15 min. No special tires needed. Regular Hoosier 16X33 soft sidewall. Always got about 200 runs a set. 1200 passes in 6 years. Normal 1.08 or so 60' with a best of 1.03 in killer air.

rim question ? rims screws or single beadlocks ?? 2013038wrinkles

David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 31st 2012, 10:31 pm

here a link I bought my wheels from him cheaper than summit had them for I also run rim screws
http://www.jimsracingtires.com/racestar.html
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 31st 2012, 11:08 pm

I didn't know there were different tires for bead locks. Of course we only run 28x10.5s, 29x10.5s, 275 pro, and 34x13.5w on the "big tire" cars. I guess they are all headlock tires? I'm a huge fan of the stiff sidewall stuff whether it is on bead locks or not.

Holeshot, spinwerks, sanders, and all the ones you mentioned are all great.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 1st 2013, 1:53 am

In a lot of cases the simple rim screws will work just fine.

But double beadlocks are great if you have the extra money for them, and they do simplify changing out slicks a bunch. We did a tire test one night on a guy's car with beadlocks & 34.5's. Swapped out 3 sets (M/T, Goodyear, & Hoosier) back to back just to see what effect the same chassis settings would have between the three brands. It was a pain in the ass to do, but couldn't have been accomplished with out either having three sets of rims, or one set of beadlocks.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down