BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

+9
studly
feetfirst
jbozzelle
westsideford
richter69
4thHorseman
Nevs
KY JELLY
mac460
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) Empty rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

Post  mac460 October 16th 2009, 1:55 am

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/

any one use this stuff on here?

how does it work for ya?

Last edited by mac460 on October 16th 2009, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) Empty Re: rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

Post  KY JELLY October 16th 2009, 3:52 pm

It explains it well if you take it in the correct way.

The ic is doing more pushing than lifting of the chassis.

The weight transferred through the force from the tire is what controls the squatting or separating action and is a direct result of the cog of the chassis , the ic location and power applied.

Think of balancing a book on its corner with your finger in the air. Your finger is the ic if you put your engine in the exact middle of the book it will remain balanced , if you move it forward and down it will require you to move your finger to balance it again. Same principle with a car setting horizontal except you have a tire pushing it and power changing the balance so the ic has to be adjusted to suit this power level.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) Empty Re: rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

Post  mac460 October 16th 2009, 4:32 pm

thanks KY i under stand how the ic works . just woundering if any one hear has used this setup . i have the setup going into a 84 stang with a 552cid bbf and franks c6 with a brake . 8.8 with 3:73 10 point cage .
looking for some real world apps with a bbf
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 17th 2009, 4:31 pm

Are you asking about using the Base Line products? Or just the theories?
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 17th 2009, 6:06 pm

Nevs wrote:Are you asking about using the Base Line products? Or just the theories?

about people using this setup . with a big block in the high hp applications.
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 18th 2009, 9:36 am

mac460 wrote:
Nevs wrote:Are you asking about using the Base Line products? Or just the theories?

about people using this setup . with a big block in the high hp applications.

OK, I gotcha.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 19th 2009, 12:06 pm

so i take it by no responce . no one runs this in the rear of there car .
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman October 20th 2009, 3:05 pm

I had it on my '03 Mach 1 but now I have a '69 with CalTracs. It worked well on the nos injected 281 4V though. His stuff sets up the angles of the factory 4 link for better IC and really plants the tires with anti squat. Nice sturdy pieces too...
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 20th 2009, 4:15 pm

how fast did the 03 run ? was it stable on the top end ?
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman October 20th 2009, 6:56 pm

na it went 13.1 @ 101. Now this is at my mile high track. NHRA correction is .9328 x the ET, 1.0717 x mph, so somthing like a 12.20 @ 108. It would dead hook dumping the clutch at 4k on et streets.

I hadn't changed the front suspension but had basline's adjustable, solid lca's and the adjustable uca's with the relocation kit. It moves the mounting point on the axel housing for the uca's. The guy will have you take measurements and he'll tell you exactly how to set it up. He's reachable all the time by phone. Excellent customer care after the sale. If I was running a BBF late model stang with stock style rear suspension I'd run his stuff again.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 20th 2009, 7:14 pm

i have 2 custmers that are going to run this setup one with a 552 bbf and one with a big inch sb making 650hp. just looking for some people that are running fast times . 9 and lower
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 20th 2009, 7:33 pm

Old school ladderbar deal is hard too beat IMO.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 20th 2009, 8:19 pm

i know . thats what i put in my car . but they want fast streetcars that can got the track also. they want the stock pick up points as well.
some times it feels like i am beating my head on the wall .
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford October 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm

What the Baseline setup does is bring your IC reaward. By doing so it implys AS. In other words It makes the rear weight react to the the suspention. The body is lifted thus placing weight to the tires. This was similar to what Southside bars were doing. Southside was not as intense.

You can do almost the same with dropping the upper front mount of the upper control arm 1".

Note the rear tire seperation.. I made my own brackets..

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) Test_1

I don't have the brackets on my photo page but can send you a pic if ya wish..

Laters!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 24th 2009, 12:52 am

thanks wes . i have 2 people that i am installing Baseline setups into there cars . what i want to know how are the stock pickup point are doing and how touche they are on the big end . i will be welding all the joints and pickup points and subframes as well
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle October 25th 2009, 10:11 pm

Kevin Slaby's stuff seems real popular over at corral.net . You might want to check over there for some feedback, but I know his stuff has been around for over 10 years now and all I've heard is good stuff. IMO though you can do the same thing with some good fab skills and same some coin...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst October 30th 2009, 10:09 pm

westsideford wrote:What the Baseline setup does is bring your IC reaward. By doing so it implys AS. In other words It makes the rear weight react to the the suspention. The body is lifted thus placing weight to the tires. This was similar to what Southside bars were doing. Southside was not as intense.

You can do almost the same with dropping the upper front mount of the upper control arm 1".

Note the rear tire seperation.. I made my own brackets..

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) Test_1

I don't have the brackets on my photo page but can send you a pic if ya wish..

Laters!

Have you thought about an "anti roll" bar?.... Very Happy
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst October 30th 2009, 10:12 pm

Baseline suspension stuff works!! I would have NO problem running that stuff with 1000+ hp.....don't forget, its all in "how" its installed.
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 October 31st 2009, 12:22 pm

don't forget, its all in "how" its installed

can you tell me more
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  studly October 31st 2009, 5:34 pm

UPR Double adjustable uppers lowers and anti roll bar with 9 inch stock mounting points and stock shock mounts
60 foot 1.29-1.35 a little more work should be able to break into the teens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fikcxpmUdYE
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  studly October 31st 2009, 5:37 pm

wrong video this is how it normally leaves qa1 front adjustable coilovers

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/King-of-the-Streets-595-1_707062.htm

there are some guys on stock suspension that race with us on a true 10.5 tire with 1.10 sixty foot times with just adjustable upers and lowers with an ant roll bar, but the spend hours scaling and setting the travel on the front of the car. these cars barley raise the front end up and run 5.20-5.30 in the 1/8 mile. i am having mine scaled and set by the guy that won the championship this year hopefully will cut out that occasional wheelie
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 2nd 2009, 5:37 pm

I've been mid 1.20's with the uppers and lowers all mounted in the stock location. Leaves straight every time running mid 5's. Only stood it on the bumper once so far but usually leaves with about a six inch wheelie.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford December 4th 2009, 1:29 am

I went from my 1" drop back to stock.
1" Drop = 1.5's
Stock = 1.7's

Went back to 1" drop and it returned to 1.5's... I guess it just depends on the combo and I guess ya got to try different things sometime.. My car uses Foot Brake & Cast Iron Heads so that can be a difference as well?

And yes Feet.. the Anti-roll is now installed!

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) CAM_0124

cat
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 4th 2009, 2:11 pm

We leave on the brake with a 200 shot on a sbf. Car only weighs about 2800lbs though. We usually go 1.30's on the footbrake though on the motor alone. Feels like a turd through the glide and nitrous convertor but the numbers don't lie. My rear components are going to be for sale due to upgrading to bigger components. Upper and offset lower control arms. Heim joint ends chromoly tubing. Turbo motor for 2010. More power.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 January 3rd 2010, 9:04 pm

well just starting the install . i have to drill all the holes out to 5/8 . what fun then weld all the seams up . then get the rear end shortened.
also weld in the shock mounts . only a few days work .
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next