BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

+9
studly
feetfirst
jbozzelle
westsideford
richter69
4thHorseman
Nevs
KY JELLY
mac460
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Empty Re: rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

Post  westsideford January 4th 2010, 2:13 am

whatbumper wrote:We leave on the brake with a 200 shot on a sbf. Car only weighs about 2800lbs though. We usually go 1.30's on the footbrake though on the motor alone. Feels like a turd through the glide and nitrous convertor but the numbers don't lie. My rear components are going to be for sale due to upgrading to bigger components. Upper and offset lower control arms. Heim joint ends chromoly tubing. Turbo motor for 2010. More power.

SB= No Torque.. My car weight is 2645lbs with BBF / cast Iron heads.
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Empty Re: rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions )

Post  Greg_P January 4th 2010, 12:09 pm

Guy's running 1.30 60 foot times off the footbrake, and LESS thinks there's no torque.

LESS, you need to wake up and start smelling the power.

Rolling Eyes
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 4th 2010, 12:43 pm

1.30 on the foot, let alone w/ a sbf is damn impressive

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 4th 2010, 2:11 pm

westsideford wrote:
whatbumper wrote:We leave on the brake with a 200 shot on a sbf. Car only weighs about 2800lbs though. We usually go 1.30's on the footbrake though on the motor alone. Feels like a turd through the glide and nitrous convertor but the numbers don't lie. My rear components are going to be for sale due to upgrading to bigger components. Upper and offset lower control arms. Heim joint ends chromoly tubing. Turbo motor for 2010. More power.

SB= No Torque.. My car weight is 2645lbs with BBF / cast Iron heads.

Nitrous oxide = instant torque.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 January 4th 2010, 4:44 pm

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Dscn7412
rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Dscn7413
rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Dscn7414
rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Dscn7411
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 4th 2010, 5:45 pm

Looks like a pretty good setup to me.

Stock suspension guys, make sure to check your heim joints and bolts well this winter. When taking my old stuff (well known brand) there was a lot of bent parts and yes they were checked often and adjusted properly.

We are going with 3/4" hardware Wolfe control arms. Got to support the Texas boys.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 4th 2010, 8:38 pm

Greg_P wrote:Guy's running 1.30 60 foot times off the footbrake, and LESS thinks there's no torque.

Rolling Eyes
bruno wrote:1.30 on the foot, let alone w/ a sbf is damn impressive

1.30 60's foot braking with a sb.......yea there is some usable at-launch power there. And even though it might feel soft foot braking with the tight converter, that probably helps some because the sidewall isn't having to deal with being over worked from a real violent initial hit.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 8th 2010, 4:52 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
Greg_P wrote:Guy's running 1.30 60 foot times off the footbrake, and LESS thinks there's no torque.

Rolling Eyes
bruno wrote:1.30 on the foot, let alone w/ a sbf is damn impressive

1.30 60's foot braking with a sb.......yea there is some usable at-launch power there. And even though it might feel soft foot braking with the tight converter, that probably helps some because the sidewall isn't having to deal with being over worked from a real violent initial hit.

And just think, I have had this motor for sell pretty cheap for 6 months and I couldn't even get a question asked about it. I have started to part it out now so if any of you know anyone needing a good 418w shortblock or some vic sr heads let me know. I know it doesn't make as big of power as some guys but it sure did front end the 1/8th well. I only ran a 200 shot plate at the most and the best pass I had was a 5.62 at 3160 in 7895 ft corrected air in west Texas and that was with a terrible front end because of sand blowing across the track. We got tired of nitrous racing and switched to turbo for easier maintenance and hopefully about 600-800 more hp or more Very Happy . Sure would be cool to have a BBF with an F3 in this car.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  studly January 8th 2010, 10:22 pm

post them parts on King of the Streets .org, Horsepower Junkies, and Corral .net should sell pretty quick, had to do the same thing with my sbf, still have the short block but got enough to update the BBF for now.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 9th 2010, 1:24 am

studly wrote:post them parts on King of the Streets .org, Horsepower Junkies, and Corral .net should sell pretty quick, had to do the same thing with my sbf, still have the short block but got enough to update the BBF for now.

thanks, I don't have it on those sites. I'll give it a try.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  mac460 January 11th 2010, 7:21 pm

rear suspension (AKA baselinesuspensions ) - Page 2 Dscn7415

now you can see it better . next is clean up and weld in the shock mounts and weld up the torque boxes
mac460
mac460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2