BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F-100 Ladder bar set up

5 posters

Go down

F-100 Ladder bar set up  Empty F-100 Ladder bar set up

Post  boker June 1st 2013, 4:31 am

Any of you guys got pics or info on setting up the rear suspension on a 1964 f-100 , I am planing a street/strip build . And like to do something to handle the power of the BB ford . I been thinking of ways to build my own ladder bar set up .

boker

Back to top Go down

F-100 Ladder bar set up  Empty Re: F-100 Ladder bar set up

Post  richter69 June 1st 2013, 12:30 pm

well if i ever get off my ass and get started, i have one im gonna do the same thing too.....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  boker June 1st 2013, 8:49 pm

I been thinking about trying to set some up that's runs right under the frame and connects some where about the back of the cap to the frame on both sides , the taking some coil springs from either the front of a f-100 or whatever would work and set them up in the back for springs , just some thoughts that's running through my mind , may not work but I may try it

boker

Back to top Go down

Post  65slickman October 4th 2013, 8:47 pm

I'm getting ready to do a 65 over the winter and would really like to see a completed project to get a few ideas.

65slickman

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 7th 2013, 8:51 pm

IMO if it's going to see a decent amount of "real" street use you might not want to go with a ladder bar setup. This is because ladder bars don't allow hardly any body-roll to happen that's needed to help a vehicle get into/out of steep driveways/parking lot entrances without possibly bending/twisting something somewhere in the rear suspension.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  harpo December 30th 2013, 1:27 pm

I have a 65 F100 I am wanting to do something for rear suspension as well. All of my current info has been with a fox body mustang and its stock somewhat 4 link suspension... using a air bag in right rear with south side bars.
when it comes to a truck and leaf springs I am lost.
I also am thinking ladder bars since I want to drive mine on the street a good bit.

harpo

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 2nd 2014, 4:26 am

harpo wrote:I have a 65 F100 I am wanting to do something for rear suspension as well. All of my current info has been with a  fox body mustang and its stock somewhat 4 link suspension... using a air bag in right rear with south side bars.
when it comes to a truck and leaf springs I am lost.
I also am thinking ladder bars since I want to drive mine on the street a good bit.

If it's intended use is to be mostly a true street/highway "driver" then again IMO ladder bars are not the best idea. If you already have some 4-link knowledge/info (stock suspension and/or aftermarket) then why not go that route instead. A 4-link will allow body-roll to happen that's needed on the street. Allowing Body-roll on the street helps prevent rear suspension components from getting bent or twisted from diagonal loading. A "street rod" style parallel 4-link, or the triangulated style 4-link (similar to the Fox body stuff) would probably be the best idea for something that is intended for say 85% to 100% street/highway use.

Ladder bars can be used on the street, but you just have to be so much more careful how & where you drive the car vs a 4-link.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down