BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Motor Plate

4 posters

Go down

Front Motor Plate Empty Front Motor Plate

Post  bigjohn2007 June 15th 2013, 11:45 pm

Well motor was jack up in the front when i install the motor.Looks bad so i decided to put a front motor plate and lower the engine some in the front what a mess.I ordered a competition engineering front plate and had to cut it to fit the frame rails and when i lower it the dang headers is hitting the bracket on k-member that motor mount bolt to looks as i will have cut them off and then the headers looks as they will hit the steering shaft next.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Front Motor Plate Empty Re: Front Motor Plate

Post  Mike R June 16th 2013, 1:42 pm

Fun with cars....

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 16th 2013, 2:48 pm

stuff never "bolts right up"......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky June 16th 2013, 8:14 pm

My k-member is lowered one inch.  The passenger side cleared fine, but I had to cut off the motor mount stand on the drivers side.  No issues with the steering column though.  I got the motor plate and headers used, I believe that they are from D+D.  If the k-member was not lowered I would have had to cut the passenger side too.  

Weird thing is that the 460 swap headers(2"), have more room around the steering shaft than the 351w swap shorty headers(1 5/8") that I have in another fox mustang.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 June 16th 2013, 9:28 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:My k-member is lowered one inch.  The passenger side cleared fine, but I had to cut off the motor mount stand on the drivers side.  No issues with the steering column though.  I got the motor plate and headers used, I believe that they are from D+D.  If the k-member was not lowered I would have had to cut the passenger side too.  

Weird thing is that the 460 swap headers(2"), have more room around the steering shaft than the 351w swap shorty headers(1 5/8") that I have in another fox mustang.

Jess
Had to cut the driver side motor mount stand also and then i was able to lower it on down.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down