BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big tire/Small tire.....

+3
bruno
Mike R
cletus66
7 posters

Go down

Big tire/Small tire..... Empty Big tire/Small tire.....

Post  cletus66 August 8th 2009, 10:45 pm

I worked a 12 hour shift today, and then I had 2 adult beverages. As I was standing in the shop looking at all of the obvious examples of automotive A.D.D. I wondered about the whole big/small tire debate.

And then I had an awakening.......

I realized that my judgement has been jaded by the time that I spent in the Marine Corps. I was one of those "cold war" vets who slipped through the cracks and never left the country, and never saw combat. By the time I got out in 1988, reenlistment bonuses were nill, and the Gulf War was several years away.

And it hit me.......

The training that I had received told me that you should hit the enemy with everything you have. Overwhelm, destroy, kill people, and break things !!!! ( A little Rush lingo there)

And then, I also have to mention that I came of age in the 80's and 90's when PRO STREET was KING. To my generation, there was NOTHING better than a Tunnel Ram topped by 2-4's sticking out of the hood of a 60's car with Funny Car tires on the back. We were beyond the 70's thing of jacked up air shocks with 15 X 10 Cragars and N50's hanging way out from under the car. That was B.S. We wanted narrowed rears and a low stance to look like our favorite Pro Stock. If you ain't thinkin' Glidden, you don't get it.

So these 2 influences in my life have given me a certain mindset....

If I want to get a job done, I want the best equipment to do it at a price I can afford. If I find a half-finished back halved 81 Mustang for 2500 bucks that is set up for the biggest tires you can find, I"M GONNA BUY IT !!!!!! And then I'll put a test motor in it to see if it goes straight because, when I build a "real" motor, I want to know my equipment will get the job done.

And then we get marketing and political correctness invading drag racing. Somehow, people are convinced that you should do more with less. Even when less costs more. Shocked Shocked You should PROVE your manhood by spending 10 gazillion dollars to make a 10.5 tire hook (under perfect conditions) instead of bolting a GIANT SLICK under a car to git er dun no matter what.

OK, y'all have heard about the "North vs South" and the "Civil Wars" drag races that have been around. Wasn't there some "Chicago vs Oahu" talk going around? If you are going to put it in those terms, drag racing is WAR !!!!!

It is you against the other guy. Do you want to ride into Fallujah on Lance Armstrong's bicycle with a single shot .22 rifle ???? !!!!
Or do you want air support to flatten the place before you ride in with your tank or APC and run over everything that moves???

Everything else is a politically correct EXCUSE about why you lost.

Bracket racing is NO FUN to watch for many people, but it damn sure lets you know that YOU screwed it up. Handicapping yourself with 1500 horsepower and skinny tires allows you to blame your equipment. If you got 1500 horsepower, HOOK IT UP with some real tires.

Personally, at 43 years old, if I had 1500 horsepower, I would beg someone to drive that thing, because I'm not as crazy as I used to be.

Like I always say, " People who have something to prove are annoying to those of us who don't have a small penis."
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by cletus66 on August 9th 2009, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Big tire/Small tire..... Empty Re: Big tire/Small tire.....

Post  Mike R August 8th 2009, 11:33 pm

You make a good point. And no matter what anyone says, size does matter.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 8th 2009, 11:52 pm

great post .......but im going to stick with my skinnies Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 August 8th 2009, 11:59 pm

bruno wrote:great post .......but im going to stick with my skinnies Very Happy

You know where I'm coming from. Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the invite over here. afro
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss August 9th 2009, 6:52 am

LMAO Jeff !! Very good post... I have just been a believer that you used what works on a consistant basis..and stayed with it..and as far as size counts....I told my Last GF I'd give her 12" and a big hurt ! So I gave her 6"s twice and slapped her !! Very Happy
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 August 9th 2009, 7:38 am

RapidRuss wrote:LMAO Jeff !! Very good post... I have just been a believer that you used what works on a consistant basis..and stayed with it..and as far as size counts....I told my Last GF I'd give her 12" and a big hurt ! So I gave her 6"s twice and slapped her !! Very Happy

Exactly !!!! bounce
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 9th 2009, 8:58 am

I'm with you, Jeff. Big tires for me Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 9th 2009, 9:31 am

Dang, i with 12.50 but thats the skinneyist I can get in 38's
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 9th 2009, 2:32 pm

I have been there with the 10.5 tires long time ago and could not get the consistancy to be there when I needed it so I went big, now i can hook it in a mud puddle.....

Consiatancy wins races

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down