BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?

+3
maverick
windsor
5pointslow
7 posters

Go down

you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?  Empty you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?

Post  5pointslow August 27th 2013, 12:01 pm

http://www.restrictorplate.com/

i find it hard that this needs no jetting changes or anything wouldnt the air fuel ratio be off an dcause some cylinders to become lean ?

slick idea if it works ...run 2 different indexs
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?  Empty Re: you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?

Post  windsor August 27th 2013, 1:17 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442010
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?  Empty Re: you guys ever use a ez-plate they claim it doesnt lean out at all ?

Post  maverick August 27th 2013, 2:08 pm

I do suspension work for a guy who uses the EZ plate. He slows his mid 6 sec. Mustang to the 7.0 index and he's deadly. I never asked him about the leaning out on some cylinders, but I will now.Suspect 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller August 28th 2013, 1:32 am

5pointslow wrote:http://www.restrictorplate.com/  

i find it hard that this needs no jetting changes or anything wouldnt the air fuel ratio be off an dcause some cylinders to become lean ?  

slick idea if it works ...run 2 different indexs
My buddy uses them on his BBC Camaro,i've seen him changing plates but never jets.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 28th 2013, 2:00 am

I'd think once the Carb is tuned with a plate to get the desired ET, Switching plate to move the ET up or down by .01-.02 wouln't be a tune killer as long as your not on the ragged edge as far a lean is concerned. Most cars running the Index stuff getnerally are not tune within an inch of there life anyway, most guys are conservitive and looking for a long service life not the absolute fastest it can go.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 August 28th 2013, 8:47 am

I have a few friends running the EZ plate systems and they all like it. I would worry less about causing a cylinder mixture imbalance...with EZ, than with the fixed stop on the linkage or pedal method, which also works very well in index racing. At least with the EZ deal all 4 throttle blades are WFO. On a fixed stop or pedal stop, the secondary blades are partially open which could effect the rear cylinders if the racer was on a lean tune up.

Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech August 28th 2013, 10:28 am

I watched a Mopar racer test his ez-plate at our last race. 500" engine in a road runner, trying to slow down from 10.20's to 10.50's to race at a Mopar event in the north eastern US. The are a nice piece, very well made.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down