BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modifying std header for cj port heads

3 posters

Go down

Modifying std header for cj port heads Empty Modifying std header for cj port heads

Post  tfsbbf466 September 28th 2013, 7:07 pm

I'm trying to open up the bolt holes on my headers so they match the port roof of my TFS heads. I'm trying a dremel tool with carbide bits and it sucks. Holding a drill bit to the side seems to work better. Any suggestions?

tfsbbf466

Back to top Go down

Modifying std header for cj port heads Empty Re: Modifying std header for cj port heads

Post  Super Snake Steve September 28th 2013, 7:12 pm

Make sure its a high Quality bit or a mounted stone and what ever tool you use is high rmp ie die grinder

Super Snake Steve

Back to top Go down

Modifying std header for cj port heads Empty Re: Modifying std header for cj port heads

Post  rmcomprandy September 28th 2013, 7:53 pm

Put it in a bridgeport and use an end-mill.  Otherwise, use a hand held die grinder with a 5/16" carbide bit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tfsbbf466 September 28th 2013, 8:09 pm

Ok thanks working on getting a die grinder now. These headers aren't going back on until I make them work right lol. 9s or bust

tfsbbf466

Back to top Go down

Post  tfsbbf466 September 30th 2013, 5:33 pm

Got the headers all matched up hoping for some positive results from it. It has to help.

tfsbbf466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down